Huntereb

OP
Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
...And no 2.0 final, or word from the clones (like we'd get word from them first anyway).

And the Chinese New Year started yesterday, so that gives us another 15 days of waiting if they're situated in China. No one knows where they're actually at, so that might not effect the release of the new firmware. If you're ordering a flashcard from China though, have fun waiting.

When are we going to get an update? We haven't even gotten any truth about the bricking code either, so as soon as the final release comes out, we'll be left in the dark on whether or not it's safe to use.

At this point, I've just waiting for RedNAND to come out. It may not support playing ROMs, but at least I can use the newest version of the 3DS firmware (And Pokemon Y) without any chance of killing my system.

What do you think? Discuss.

Reactions: giga502 and tyons

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even if the new update fixes bricking everyone will still be afraid to use it. One false rumor of someone saying they got bricked with the new update and all confidence will be lost.

lonesome_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like for it to come out fast, but I'd also rather have them release it when it's ready. This isn't some buggy game. This could potentially destroy your 3DS. Anyways, I have at least 10 games to play right now. And each one will take several hours to complete, so I don't really need multi-rom anyway. I'll be fine just switching games every week or so.

Alocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
lol ridiculous repliers tho

Was to be released already according to gateway 3ds site:

"As you might have noticed, our milestones have been slipping a bit lately. The original release date for 2.0 was planned early january, but certain events have thrown a wrench into our schedule.

[We are still investigating individual brick incidents reported by legitimate Gateway 3DS users. So far, many isolated brick incidents that were blamed on us have been debunked in one way or another and turned out to be associated with use of the clones modified versions of our official release files"
Come on, just try to search a little before flame

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just because they havn't released something for some weeks? Nintendo doesn't release a system update with new features every week, too.

No, because all of these groups lie to the customers. At this point it is obvious that the MT-Card is waiting a new update from Gateway, and while Gateway has always delivered what they promise, the infamous bricking code and the way they are handling it have destroyed their reputation at the eyes of many users.

hiron

Trophies
XP
Country
First the release was a few days from finishing. Now after a month still nothing. Loads of BS from GW and they blame the brickcode for delay. Right...a month delay because of the brickcode. GW might be the innovator but they really lack in the communication part.

Breadwin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm on the one hand everyone wants the features promised on time but on the other hand you want it to be a stable release ......

I think the real question will be does the version 2.0 have brick code or not :unsure:

Reactions: Huntereb

Huntereb

OP
Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Technically it is the first day of the Lunar New Year.

'Cause we're following that schedule. :rolleyes:

At this point it is obvious that the MT-Card is waiting a new update from Gateway...

Not really... I mean they did release the first version of their firmware with actual working multi-ROM, so it's not like they don't have the smarts to work on another update. They are taking a while to come out with an update, though (Similar to Gateway).

Alocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hmmm on the one hand everyone wants the features promised on time but on the other hand you want it to be a stable release ......

I think the real question will be does the version 2.0 have brick code or not :unsure:

the brick reports took some time to appear after 2.0b2 release...
well seems will be a long way to discover

Gabbo04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
They talked about testing and fixing bugs on various consoles of different countries and regions but I guess the truth is they're testing a newer version of the brick code, safer for GW flashcards.

Actually I'm expecting AT LEAST a release of the 2.0b3 in a couple of days.

Breadwin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the brick reports took some time to appear after 2.0b2 release...
well seems will be a long way to discover

Yes this is the problem, even if they released it tomorrow who would be willing to try it out ?
I know i cant afford to brick even if there are ways now to fix it yourself
It was mentioned earlier it might be taking a long time because they are testing fresh new bricking code, i think there is some truth to that :cry:

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I do have an update, actually. You should probably take it with a grain of salt, but people over on the Maxconsole forums have received e-mails back from Gateway stating that 2.0 is done, and they're simply in the testing phase for various consoles/regions now. So time frame depends on how many problems they run in to, I suppose.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not really... I mean they did release the first version of their firmware with actual working multi-ROM, so it's not like they don't have the smarts to work on another update. They are taking a while to come out with an update, though (Similar to Gateway).

Yes really, their cart was supposed to support Animal Crossing and a lot of other features from launch. The fact that they could have gotten a beta launcher with MultiROM support from Gateway is getting more obvious through the weeks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv