So, it seems that opera ds will use both of the ds

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by BlazeWizard, Jun 22, 2006.

1. BlazeWizard
    OP

Newcomer BlazeWizard Member

United States
    do you think it'll be possible to run it off of a flash cart? I think there might be a way to trick the opera ram into using a media card for storage, instead of the original ram that i assume is in one of the two carts.

2. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    RAM is different then storage space. The card would have to have the same amount or more of RAM to even begin thinking about using Opera on a flashcard.

3. yuwing

Member yuwing GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    RAM is way faster than using flash cart. if it works, it'll be slower but only by milliseconds maybe.

4. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    It will be hacked.....eventually everything does

5. RueGorE

Member RueGorE GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Writing to RAM is not like writing to flash media. I do believe that there would be the need of "translator" to handle the reads/writes to a virtual RAM space on the flash media card, and also, due to the nature of Random Access Memory, this could really slow things down. A lot.

I'm no expert on this, but that seems like a logical conclusion. [​IMG]

6. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    Shouldn't slow it down too much. I mean what is the RAM for? Cache most likely. What if we surfed without caching the images and shit? Sure, we'd have to load images and stuff everytime but it'd probably be faster than reading and writing off a flash card

7. cornaljoe

Member cornaljoe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    M3 has 32MB of PSRAM and EZ4 has 16MB of PSRAM. So theoretically those cards should be able to run the dump.

8. ole jason

Member ole jason GBAtemp Regular

It remains to be seen what the RAM is actually for. Like 754 said, if it's just for cache then it should be no problem however if the software requires the extra RAM to run it may be more difficult to use on a flashcart.