Hacking So is there any place that sells nintendo brand shells?

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My DS lite is white, and that sucks.
mad.gif

So I want to know if there is a place that sells shells that are made by whoever Nintendo has them made by? I just want black.
unsure.gif

epicelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that review thing, all the 3rd party ones SUCK!

And I am sure since you can buy official replacement LCD's and stuff that there are official shells out there.

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo don't produce replacement LCD's and stuff and official shells.

Think about it, you void your warranty by opening your case. Why would Nintendo produce something that would void your warranty if you decide to use it?

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
epicelite said:
I saw that review thing, all the 3rd party ones SUCK!

And I am sure since you can buy official replacement LCD's and stuff that there are official shells out there.
What makes you so sure? And point me over to where "official replacement LCD's" can be bought.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I never came across some site that seemed to be legit, and sells official Nintendo DS replacement parts (any of it for that matter)..Only things that you can get, and that it would be official Nintendo product is stylus replacement, battery and power charger..

epicelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I was at Plan N' Trade and they can buy replacement LCD's right from SHARP.

Not official shells tho.

Also my 1 freakin' year warranty is WAY gone, so it doesn't matter.

Do you think if I asked to get my DS shell fixed because it had, say a cracked henge, they would be willing to put a black shell on it? It would defiantly be Nintendo brand and the job wou

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I highly doubt it..Why don't you get some guy who knows electronics, and those stuff to replace the shell for you?
Or, why don't you try to do it yourself, it is a bit tricky, but completely doable..

BadAnimal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You could always try to sell yours and then buy a (used) black one. Try Craigslist.

You might have to pay $5, $10 or even $20 to get the black one but that would still be cheaper than getting a replacement shell or paying Nintendo to fix a broken hinge (out of warranty) unit. Heck maybe you'll get lucky and break even.

If you were to sell yours on eBay and then buy from Craigslist, you probably might even make out better.

luke

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
start.duckduckgo.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Perhaps he is selling parts from faulty units and then selling each part on LCD .etc, and saying they are official Nintendo parts?

That would then mean that they are not new but are official parts.

epicelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BadAnimal said:
You could always try to sell yours and then buy a (used) black one. Try Craigslist.

You might have to pay $5, $10 or even $20 to get the black one but that would still be cheaper than getting a replacement shell or paying Nintendo to fix a broken hinge (out of warranty) unit. Heck maybe you'll get lucky and break even.

If you were to sell yours on eBay and then buy from Craigslist, you probably might even make out better.

Would it make it worth any more being from the original release day of the DS lite? Also complete in box?

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo doesn't sell them alone, so no, they are not sold.

If you have a problem with yours and it's new, take it back and ask for your money back, then walk out of the store and purchase a new one in the desired color.

If it's quite old, attempt to trade or sell it.

epicelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
Nintendo doesn't sell them alone, so no, they are not sold.

If you have a problem with yours and it's new, take it back and ask for your money back, then walk out of the store and purchase a new one in the desired color.

If it's quite old, attempt to trade or sell it.

It is from the very day that the DS lite came out, and I want to know if that makes it worth anymore lol?

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@ epic lite--I cant see why a release day system would hold some greater value--DS isn't really collectible quite yet...Maybe if you had a Release day GameBoy with box and manuals it'd be worth something--as that would be an 18 year old system.

A DSLite however--one of the standard colors--will not be worth any more than 125USD--even if replete with charger and styli...

A special edition color might demand about 25 bucks more, but thats about it, I think...

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The ones from Dealextreme are pretty much official in almost every way, and they're definitely the closest you'll get. They even have the logos and FCC/RSA information stamped on the back to make it look extremely realistic. However, they don't come with mock bar codes but you can easily replace that with one you own. Only bad thing is the rubber bumpers and LCD frames usually don't color match. For more information, read thieves like us's review on DS Lite replacement cases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum