Hardware So is there any hope for non-XL N3DS models in the future?

Jiro2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far there have been the Animal Crossing and Pokemon bundles. And the Pokemon bundles are all sold out anyway. Is there anything upcoming that might be a non-XL N3DS bundle? (Hopefully one which can have CFW installed?)

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far there have been the Animal Crossing and Pokemon bundles. And the Pokemon bundles are all sold out anyway. Is there anything upcoming that might be a non-XL N3DS bundle? (Hopefully one which can have CFW installed?)
They will probably keep them in special editions, from what I've heard the xl has been outselling the regular sized one by a landslide in Japan (almost 3:1 according to this pdf cited on Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS_sales citation #44 plus attached) and that's why they haven't come. I bought my animal crossing one new about 3 weeks ago now and it came with 9.8 on it though, they're certainly doable.

It really is a shame, I wish I could go to the target and buy faceplates, but importing them isn't hard, and now I have a n3ds that doesn't need region change fiddling AND fits in my pocket. Huge upgrade from my o3dsxl, this feels like what I really wanted from a 3ds. Especially considering how much I love snes.

If you want a normal size one, I recommend just go for the animal crossing one and buy some faceplates off amazon or eBay (someone on eBay has custom plates based off of the super famicom n3ds LL I might get at some point, but I just got the oras translucent plates).

Attachments

• consolidated_sales_e1603.pdf
    26.7 KB · Views: 484
Last edited by Hking0036,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.