So is there a Xbox emulator yet or not?

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by JUSTARANDOMPERSON, Jul 27, 2015.

1. JUSTARANDOMPERSON
    OP

JUSTARANDOMPERSON Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2015
    United States
    The White House
    I see videos about it but they have a lot of dislikes so something isn't right?

2. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Nope. There is not a single even half decent Xbox emulator. Between difficulty and an apparent lack of interest in making it happen, it has basically been accepted as something that will probably never actually reach a respectable state.

JUSTARANDOMPERSON likes this.
  3. JUSTARANDOMPERSON
    OP

JUSTARANDOMPERSON Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2015
    United States
    The White House
    Wow I wish there kind of was an Xbox emulator so I can play Halo 2 but either way my computer can't even handle pcsx2.

4. G0R3Z

G0R3Z Just Can't Be Bothered

Aug 12, 2014
    You know Halo 2 is available on PC right, and very cheaply?

5. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    for 0 money, you know :wink: :wink:

actually i tried find a iso of the first hallo and every torrent was dead :'(

most of the xbox games were ported to pc, since a xbox is the same architecture it was easy to port... maybe that created the lack of interest...

6. G0R3Z

Aug 12, 2014
    Except emulators are slower than just running it directly on the PC. At 1080p, with lots of AA, AF, maybe even super sampling.

Margen67 likes this.
  7. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    cuz you know, very old games without that options are totally not worth to play... and you expect them to have /sarcasm

8. G0R3Z

Aug 12, 2014
    Not at all, but Halo for the PC does support those options. Why have it on an emulator when your PC will run it faster? It's about the best experience.

Margen67 likes this.
  9. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    Just get Windows 10, and Xbox One, and MCC and stream it. ;)

10. dapperbrick

dapperbrick Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2015
    I'm guessing you've already tried these:
    http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/xbox/

For Halo 2 couldn't you just buy a legitimate disc+key and play it?
    It's about $20 on Amazon for a PC copy

The only other option is downloading and cracking it xD
    (If I had a decent PC I'd help you find a working torrent for it)

~dapperbrick

Margen67 likes this.
  11. jDSX

jDSX LUEicide

Jun 15, 2015
    United States
    Happy furry land with Lucar
    Well that blows how would someone who likes to play ninja gaiden (xbox version) go about to play on a PC?

Margen67 likes this.
  12. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Buying an Original Xbox is extremely affordable nowadays and you can hack it easily though a problem could be that it takes too much space, as much as the Xbox One takes (more or less).

Still have to finish Conker Live & Reloaded someday. :)

13. jDSX

jDSX LUEicide

Jun 15, 2015
    United States
    Too bad my Original xbox's disk reader doesn't work any more. I miss playing NGB :(

Margen67 likes this.
  14. emmanu888

emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Qu├ębec
    Why emulate the original Xbox when all we would need to run original Xbox games on PC is a wrapper to run XBE files?

15. jDSX

jDSX LUEicide

Jun 15, 2015
    United States
    Is there any good wrappers out there?

16. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Couldn't you hack it and play it from the HDD?

Margen67 likes this.
  17. jDSX

jDSX LUEicide

Jun 15, 2015
    United States
    I thought about doing that don't know if it even runs anymore it's been 8 years since I last played on it that's when I found out it couldn't read disks anymore :angry:

Margen67 likes this.
  18. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    It should. Not like it's gonna break for not being used. :P

Margen67 and jDSX like this.
  19. tommzyd3

tommzyd3 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2015
    Slovenia
    http://www.emucr.com/2015/09/xenia-git-20150923.html
    helow my friends yes there is an xbox 360 emulator working !!! as we speak on ivy bridge ..sandy bridge..haswell motherboards.... this is the link its already complied !! you unpack the GIT and run XENIA app....it opens up GAME LOADER from there you load ANY Game demo preferably.......you can unpack demos with WX pirs apps to get to default.xex to be able to run it also
    here is wx pirs *to extract any demo you download.. XBLA demos mostly work games that are size of few 100 MB 500 mb...or little bit more work > sonic unleashed works...rayman origins works.......*xbox 360 titles.....
    I downloaded demos here mostly

http://digiex.net/downloads/downloa...-sonic-4-episode-1-arcade-trial-download.html

this is my chanell on youtube I have 3000 subscribers so you know I'm real...and this is no joke...

here is sonic unleashed video by samothetheif few months ago..it was NO joke !!! this is how game actually works....now with few modified files to make textures more visible....

article >

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3afpvi/xbox_360_emulator_xenia_now_plays_scott_pilgrim/
    xenia now plays scott pilgrim also..and many others like ridge racer 6..intro and also halo reach intro and that other version...its been big progress in September amazing progress
    today I tried out Capcom arcade cabinet it also works and loads up....
    here are the files to mod the sonic unleashed to be # almost $ playable...

http://ns336220.ip-91-121-94.eu/dow...8XrLY/Sonic+Unleashed+Xenia+Emulator+Tutorial

pacman museum works....also

halo reach intro boots up

mortal kombat ultimate also works

snk vs Capcom also works I tried and tested it out all this games myself ....

please make this topic awesome..lets develop together...the biggest breakthrough has been done we have graphical intergration for most hard to come by games.....we need to put more work into it it will be best emulator I am sure......im loving it so far...lets get this thing moving !!! even faster !!!and any comments are welcome and suggestions
    currently I'm trying to install Freestlye dash ... the xenia runs the XEX menu and it runs Dash Launch and I'm not sure how to run from USB any file to be visible in the emulated xex menu *to run from hard drive ..just like in dolphin you had NAND here we have xbox hard drive..and we need to be able to run from usb or hard drive..not sure how still loking into it ..only possible way to make xbox USB is if you have an Xbox 360 I did not find any tool that makes same usb format as an xbox 360 does.....

here is a link to article kernel version is wrong it says and I was figuring a way around

https://github.com/benvanik/xenia/issues/387
    anyway most of APPS from original XBOX 360 are playable..for now graphicly much superior then ever before.....we need to design Cool GUI interface > comapbility with controlerS...would be awesome. ..... and other tweaks to make it more user friendly....for now controls are on keyboard or if you have real xbox 360 controller it works..

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Last edited by tommzyd3, Sep 29, 2015
    Margen67 likes this.
  20. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    If it were that simple this topic wouldn't exist. Contrary to its hardware specs on the surface, Xbox is very much not compatible with desktop versions of Windows or its platform (I don't recall Xbox having a good non-Windows emulator either.

Last edited by Lumstar, Sep 28, 2015
    Margen67 likes this.