Hacking So is the sky3ds worth it if I can't use gateway?

Modular511

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically as the title says, I am wondering if its worth the high ticket price, Also any online retailers in/close to Michigan so shipping is fast?

Modular511

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For $80'ish dollars you get a flashcard that can play a library of at least a few hundred games.

Kinda worth it haha

Another issue is the random bans, Are they permanent? I play ALOT of pokemon. Got 750 hours on my Alpha sapphire

PyroGoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For now any Bans appear to be temporary (about 15 days) but that could always change. Bans seem to be issued for using public headers online. There are ways to obtain and use your personal header if you have access to the right equipment. For your pokemon i suggest that you keep using your own game cartridge due to keeping your progress and if that is the only game that you play online, there would be no worry in ban.

Reactions: Modular511

Kugz

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Another issue is the random bans, Are they permanent? I play ALOT of pokemon. Got 750 hours on my Alpha sapphire
The bans seem to be when people are playing online using public headers on ROMs and some peoples 'bans' have disappeared. I personally use my SKY for offline only games (I'm on 9.2 still, waiting for Gateway) and if you want to play online, buy the actual retail game.

Don't play ROMs online and you won't get banned :P

Modular511

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For now any Bans appear to be temporary (about 15 days) but that could always change. Bans seem to be issued for using public headers online. There are ways to obtain and use your personal header if you have access to the right equipment. For your pokemon i suggest that you keep using your own game cartridge due to keeping your progress and if that is the only game that you play online, there would be no worry in ban.

The bans seem to be when people are playing online using public headers on ROMs and some peoples 'bans' have disappeared. I personally use my SKY for offline only games (I'm on 9.2 still, waiting for Gateway) and if you want to play online, buy the actual retail game.

Don't play ROMs online and you won't get banned :P

Ahhh okay! Well I only really play pokemon and monster hunter 4 online, Which I own. So basically If I intend to purchase the small number of games I wanna play online it will be fine? Also, Does sky3ds work with pokemon bank due the manner it functions? I wouldn't mind grabbing some exclusives from Ruby.

cephalopoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For $80'ish dollars you get a flashcard that can play a library of at least a few hundred games.

Kinda worth it haha

And just to be clear, if you have that many on the card, you'd have to press the button, wait, press the button, wait, press the button, wait, press the button . . . until you get to the game you want, right?

One reason I want a flashcard is so that I don't need to carry around 20 games, I can carry around one card. So having to press a button 10 or 15 times, and waiting between each press, seems pretty inconvenient.

PyroGoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And just to be clear, if you have that many on the card, you'd have to press the button, wait, press the button, wait, press the button, wait, press the button . . . until you get to the game you want, right?

One reason I want a flashcard is so that I don't need to carry around 20 games, I can carry around one card. So having to press a button 10 or 15 times, and waiting between each press, seems pretty inconvenient.

Yeah you have to press the button and wait to switch games. It can be annoying but i use a few 16GB cards to limit the amount of games on each card to avoid cycling through all the games. Pokebank should work but keep in mind about the risk of ban using public header and Sky3DS.

PyroGoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And as far as carrying multiple Micro SD cards, Most 3DS cases have a few spots for 3ds game carts. I find that i can fit the plastic case that fits the Micro SD and SD adaptor in each of the slots so in theory you could have 1 MicroSD in the Sky3DS and 2 in the plastic case with one being in the SD card adapter or you could check something like this out ----> http://www.amazon.com/Micro-SD-card-holder-BLUE/dp/B006J73RAI

Modular511

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I agree entirely with this, But I mean its only minimally inconvenientand it may not ever get patched out due to that same unorthodox complaint.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just figured that the most worthless of using Sky3DS is that we have to wait for template updated before using new games. Some games are not in the scene's dump so they won't load without "Unknown ID" and Sky3DS won't update.

Modular511

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just figured that the most worthless of using Sky3DS is that we have to wait for template updated before using new games. Some games are not in the scene's dump so they won't load without "Unknown ID" and Sky3DS won't update.

Now that is a huge downer, I wanted to play obscure stuff I wouldn't otherwise buy. Maybe I will just wait then until something else comes out.

Reactions: thaikhoa

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Now that is a huge downer, I wanted to play obscure stuff I wouldn't otherwise buy. Maybe I will just wait then until something else comes out.

I have tried around 50 games and so far everything works. So I don't think that is a huge downer. They are kind of fast to update too. Never had any problems with that.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have tried around 50 games and so far everything works. So I don't think that is a huge downer. They are kind of fast to update too. Never had any problems with that.

Piracy is good for using Sky3DS but using own dump game is another story.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself