Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The Wii was simply a popular "gift" - it was very affordable and child-friendly. I cannot overstate how many Wii's currently gather dust. It did win the "console wars" from the sales perspective, but it doesn't have a whole lot to offer. That said, it has brilliant homebrew support - the best of all consoles to date, so I can't complain.

I can’t complaint either as what you said is actually true.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you for real they can’t even be compared the PS3 games are so visually stunning of course they are preferred by most gamers its only that the Wii U has the power to bring the family and friends together,its more for casual gamers.
Visuals or not, I still prefer the games the PS3 had to offer over the Wii. I think I said this before but the only Wii game I played over and over again was Brawl.
Like Foxi said, the Wii has great homebrew support.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you for real they can’t even be compared the PS3 games are so visually stunning of course they are preferred by most gamers its only that the Wii U has the power to bring the family and friends together,its more for casual gamers.
its statements like these where we need an unlike button .

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
its statements like these where we need an unlike button .
I don't think it can be said either way yet. The console was just released, and we don't know what direction Nintendo will lean towards. The Wii had a few games for hardcore gamers, but for the most part it's for casual gamers.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it can be said either way yet. The console was just released, and we don't know what direction Nintendo will lean towards. The Wii had a few games for hardcore gamers, but for the most part it's for casual gamers.

I just can't seem to wrap my head around the difference between casual and hardcore.... Is it FPS games that make you hardcore or the number of hours you play? What makes some one hardcore?

It honestly seems like marketing BS created by the same type of people that gave us such wonders as Blast Processing and so many other awesome catch phrases.

I remember when gamer's did things like play games and that was pretty much the only qualification of being a gamer.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Exactly, I'm not saying they aren't, but to already say they are, is asinine. What even defines hardcore anyways?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I just can't seem to wrap my head around the difference between casual and hardcore.... Is it FPS games that make you hardcore or the number of hours you play? What makes some one hardcore?

It honestly seems like marketing BS created by the same type of people that gave us such wonders as Blast Processing and so many other awesome catch phrases.

I remember when gamer's did things like play games and that was pretty much the only qualification of being a gamer.
Here is a general explanation:

Casual is when you only play games like Wii Sports, and only when friends are over. Hardcore is when you like to play action/RPG/FPS games by yourself or online, usually as a regular thing.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is a general explanation:

Casual is when you only play games like Wii Sports, and only when friends are over. Hardcore is when you like to play action/RPG/FPS games by yourself or online, usually as a regular thing.

...That is the dumbest thing ever. I liked to play WiiSports and Mario Galaxy and Zelda by myself. That should classify as hardcore gamer. There is no definition of hardcore.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
...That is the dumbest thing ever. I liked to play WiiSports and Mario Galaxy and Zelda by myself. That should classify as hardcore gamer. There is no definition of hardcore.
Wait, I'm confused. From your description, it suggests that you are more of a hardcore gamer, but you think that's stupid?

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

I casual game is a game that you can play without the need of high level skills and learning ability and for the hardcore like super street fighter , COD , Chess , Yu Gi OH ! these game will need serious training and high amount of skills to be competitive so as you can see almost any game that offer multiplayer is hardcore.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Core versus Casual is not a firm boundry, it's just something you "feel" and the boundry is usually set by yourself anyways.

Take clothes for example, and the definitions of dressing "Smart" and dressing "Casual" - both styles changed over the decated, but the purpose remains relatively the same. It's similar with games - casual gamers play games to kill time or to have a quick dose of "fun" in-between of other tasks - core gamers play games for the sake of playing games. Both types of gamers are naturally more attracted to different games, and as such, Angry Birds is casual and Gears of War is not. It's really not as complex as people "claim" it to be - it's a simple division - it's the boundry that's relatively fluid.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
People who play WiiSports by themselves are considered hardcore gamers then?
Are you two going to fight over Casual versus Core now for no apparent reason in a completely unrelated thread? Really?

It doesn't matter if the WiiU is Casual or Core at this point - it has a handful of games that are not available on other platforms and those games are not exactly stellar to begin with - starting next year, the WiiU will be a viable purchase, but not right now... and before people accuse me of fanboyism or anything of the sort, I wouldn't buy a PS4 or an XBox 720 close to launch either, as you never know what kind of issues with the system will pop up or what kind of support it will receive from developers.

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
People who play WiiSports by themselves are considered hardcore gamers then?

Will it depends on the context of what you want to achieve , every game has a hardcore part of it like Pokemon there is a breeding system where only Pokemon breeder like to get the best Pokemon with special nature and specific move, and in Wii Sport there is a training system where you train to be better at boxing or tennis this not casual any more.

So even Mario has a Hardcore side too, I guess the definition of Hardcore is connected to gamers who want to do better than average.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you two going to fight over Casual versus Core now for no apparent reason in a completely unrelated thread? Really?

It doesn't matter if the WiiU is Casual or Core at this point - it has a handful of games that are not available on other platforms and those games are not exactly stellar to begin with - starting next year, the WiiU will be a viable purchase, but not right now... and before people accuse me of fanboyism or anything of the sort, I wouldn't buy a PS4 or an XBox 720 close to launch either, as you never know what kind of issues with the system will pop up or what kind of support it will receive from developers.

We're not fighting :/ at least I'm not.

Reactions: PsionicRoshambo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U