Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
wiiu is more powerful that the ps3 and 360 yet cheaper that ps3 at launch
You don't seem to understand what a technological leap is.

The difference between the PS2/XBox/Gamecube and the 360/PS3 was enormous. The difference between the WiiU and the 360/PS3 is not.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't seem to understand what a technological leap is.

The difference between the PS2/XBox/Gamecube and the 360/PS3 was enormous. The difference between the WiiU and the 360/PS3 is not.

damn i remember those first gen ps3 games they look like damn ps2 games

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
If it has games you would like to play, such as the exclusives, then go get one. Otherwise, don't. While some of the "ports" seem to not hold up to the games available on other consoles, they aren't that terrible. Some have enhancements but also have some performance issues, but in a sense, that balances it out. The system does have bugs, most which seem to revolve around Miiverse, but people have been able to temporarily remedy that by not having their console connected online, so if you don't mind not going online with it, you've got that option until they fix the issue.

I have one, and am enjoying it very much.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have one and I love it, but unless you really want one now I'd wait if I were you. Not that I regret it (I always buy my consoles on launch days), but if you wait a couple of months there'll be more games and perhaps a price cut (if not, well there'll still be a greater variety of games).

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I have one and I'm having a blast. It makes me wonder how many of the nays on this thread are non-owners who are listening to neogaf loonies.

As far as games are concerned, there are 10 launch games that have a metacritic of 80 or more (which is excellent). I'm counting ZombieU in because it's stupidly underrated -- I've played it and its awesome, should be a 90.

With the firmware stability, I haven't noticed anything unusual except for the slowness (and I had just one first day hard lock), which doesn't bother me. It could be a deal breaker for you but shouldn't be if you're not too impatient. Most parts of the OS are fast enough.

Reactions: pwsincd

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Nintendo are notorious for screwing over their early adopters every single time they release hardware, based on that alone I wouldn't buy a wii u until at least 18 months after it launches. Besides by then more than likely the true next gen systems will be released and the wii u will be relegated back to original wii status.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Well seeing as you created a topic about it then no, definitely no, it means that you're still unsure. I wouldn't buy something unless I know I want it. So if you're interested don't get one yet for the reasons already mentioned (except p1ngpongs). Personally I won't buy one until games that interests me are released.

Reactions: nasune

kimekaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two words for you; Ambassador Program.

Those of us that jumped onto the 3DS early got awesome games for free, tons of them. Hell, you even got Club Nintendo coins for them.

If something goes wrong with the WiiU, they will do the same thing.

As for buying it now for other reasons, there are enough good games to justify the purchase (ZombiU by itself is worth the purchase, really). The Miiverse is the most hate-free online community I have *ever* seen. The gamepad itself will integrate with your entertainment needs as much or as little as you allow it to.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
so how many people are saying no have played a WiiU console?

i was a bit on the fence but was like im going to buy it and my friend was going to wait
we had a go on one about 2 months before launch and we where sold

i love mine, had no firmware issues and everything i wanted worked really well
yes the updating took an hour but i have a 3DS and played that while it updated

the games are just soo good to play
NintendoLand is great for showing people the WiiU and great for a gaming session that doesnt require much energy spent on it, you can chill and play
Mario is fun for friends and you all want to have a chilled WiiU session
ZombiU and Batman are the games you play when you just want to game
and im sure there will be some even more good games coming shortly also
Lego one im looking forward to in January
Pikmin in April
plus to social side is just fun
if you want to chat to gamers its right there and the drawings on there can be really amazing
make sure you find friends and you can just do other things and video chat to friends at the same time

its a Yes from me on the WiiU

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I have two words for you; Ambassador Program.

Those of us that jumped onto the 3DS early got awesome games for free, tons of them.

Are you kidding? The ambassador program was a slap in the face for early adopters. You paid well over the odds for what is essentially a load of badly ported roms that cost practically nothing for Nintendo to dish out as compensation for their greed.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I bought mine last night and have been extremely displeased with it. I spent over 4 hours just trying to update the stupid thing and it kept giving me a whole list of error codes. When I finally got it to update, the features started bugging out.

I suggest waiting till Nintendo irons more of the bugs before buying it.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so how many people are saying no have played a WiiU console?

i was a bit on the fence but was like im going to buy it and my friend was going to wait
we had a go on one about 2 months before launch and we where sold

i love mine, had no firmware issues and everything i wanted worked really well
yes the updating took an hour but i have a 3DS and played that while it updated

the games are just soo good to play
NintendoLand is great for showing people the WiiU and great for a gaming session that doesnt require much energy spent on it, you can chill and play
Mario is fun for friends and you all want to have a chilled WiiU session
ZombiU and Batman are the games you play when you just want to game
and im sure there will be some even more good games coming shortly also
Lego one im looking forward to in January
Pikmin in April
plus to social side is just fun
if you want to chat to gamers its right there and the drawings on there can be really amazing
make sure you find friends and you can just do other things and video chat to friends at the same time

its a Yes from me on the WiiU

I'm not saying it's bad, because, like I said, I love mine. All I'm saying is that he should look at the games, and, if there's nothing he likes, he might be better of waiting.
I bought it because there were two game that looked great (Mario and ZombiU), but not everyone would buy a system when there were only two games worth playing (to him at least).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Are you kidding? The ambassador program was a slap in the face for early adopters. You paid well over the odds for what is essentially a load of badly ported roms that cost practically nothing for Nintendo to dish out as compensation for their greed.
Yup - all those wonderful GBA games that we already played ages ago and never asked for. And just to be d*cks, Nintendo restricted access to them to everyone but the early adopters instead of simply putting them in the store and giving early adopters a download code.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait to come in and offe-

7WvF9.gif

In all honesty, I'll throw in my hat with the wait and see crowd. There really is no advantage to being an early adopter beyond just getting the games sooner - and hey, if you've waited this long, another year or so won't hurt. That way, you can see how the library develops, what the competition has to offer, etc.

Either you'll save yourself from investing in a console that you may not want after all or you'll be able to buy the console and some games for it at a reduced price. No matter what, you win.

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No one can make this decision except for you. And its a simple decision, there are only a few things that you need to consider:
1. How many games does it have RIGHT NOW that you want?
2. How many games are coming out soon that you want?
3. Do you expect it to have lots of games over its lifetime that you will enjoy playing?

If there are many games in 1 & 2 and you would consider them "must play" games, then it makes sense to buy it.
If you are holding out for #3, then there is no need to buy it now.

D

Deleted User

i would say no and wait for next year and see if there are games you like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol