So is anyone interested in buying Pocket Rumble for Nintendo Switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Apr 16, 2017.

?

Will you be buying this game?

1. Yes

21.7%
  2. No

78.3%
  1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    For those who dunno what I'm talking about, please see the trailer above. Pocket Rumble is a kickstarter project. Is a 2D based fighting game in the style of Neo Geo Pocket. This fighting game is unique as in the game is probably up to same level of a game compared to modern fighters, don't be fooled by the simple graphics, game play is everything in fighting games.

In this game, instead of memorizing complex movement for special moves, the aim is to make a universal special move guide that can be used with all characters, no character specific move memorization necessary, is a game for anyone, even casual non fighters. New players can enjoy the game with the simple 2 button controls while hard core players and jump in and focus on advance strategies and gameplay. This game will also feature online modes using the well known GGPO (If you need more info, click here) Is basically a online net code used in most modern 2D fighting games on consoles and primary on the fightcade servers.

This game will be coming soon to nintendo switch and also steam for $9.99. Not sure of any other ports but 3DS port or vita would be nice, since it is a game based on neo geo pocket, it should be on portable consoles. So if anyone is interested, leave some comments below. :)

2. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Remember seeing something similar like this on Xbox LIVE 360 Indie for a dollar or so and even then, I didn't buy. So no.

3. Risingdawn

Risingdawn GBAtemp Pickle

May 22, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Not really, I've already got Samurai Showdown IV and KoF98 which are probably cheaper combined than this will be and look loads better value for money.

I'm out.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  4. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    I'm not into fighting games.
    If it only was a rhythm game... *sorbs*

5. Wiisel

Wiisel GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 4, 2008
    As a rule I don't buy indie games on consoles but this will possibly be one of the few exceptions being a fan and neogeo pocket owner it's an opportunity I can't resist even tho it really should have been on 3ds.

6. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Ehh... No, thanks. It is perfect for 3DS.. Not for Switch. Switch is a lacking for stronger 3rd party which we wait and see after E3 this summer. Cross finger. Anyway, for this game.. Oh please.

7. Robfozz

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    art doesn't look great, basic 2d fighter, why buy this?

8. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Is based on neo geo pocket, is a retro game, is supposed to look that way, and is basic to keep it easy for new players of fighting games.

And i guess people who like fighting games would buy it. I think maybe i'll wait for discount. :P

9. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official dragon look-alike axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    Just look at your poll. It seems like only a few out there will buy it.

10. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Thank you for the unnecessary update, I can see that, I put it there for a reason. What purpose did you have for bringing that to my knowledge? I asked a question and people are already making their responses that they would or would not.

11. Boogieboo6

Boogieboo6 @realDonaldTrump

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    I would consider buying this for the simple A + B controls. I can't get into fighting games because of the difficult command inputs, and the only game close is Smash Bros. This is like Smash and Skullgirls combined.

12. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official dragon look-alike axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    Because, to answer yor original post, i won't buy it either :P

13. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Looks neat, but fighting games aren't really my thing except the occasional Smash Bros.

14. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    So you like skull girls but you like simple controls like smash bros? Skullgirls is based on street fighter controls. This game is like made to be easy so i guess is just about the same as smash bros in controls. Each character special moves are all performed exactly the same as smash bros so if that how you like it, then I guess this game may be for you. Still i wonder if maybe the people like you who want simple controls in figting games supported the kickstarter project in the first place. I remembered when this was a thing. :P

SKULL GIRLS NEO GEO

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You could have been clear on that statement than to try and explain something completely different from what you wanted to explain.:blink: