!dennaB
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I've got some extra junk (like a brand new italian wood painting easel that i never used) around the house that could sell for quite a bit.
And the GP2X, just seems like such an awesome, versatile machine. I'd like to know if it really is worth it and where the cheapest place to buy it is (for a Canadian). And, how is the SNES emulation on it? I really want perfect SNES emulation on the go...

Kenney

Trophies
Website
www.kenney.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you want perfect SNES emulation, don't go with a GP2X. The SNES emulators currently out are pretty crappy, they run alot of games very good but I found that usually the DS and PSP do a better job.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not 100%, but it's in the mid-90s ...

I can't recommend the GP2X enough ... the community alone makes it worth purchasing lol ... and whilst a change from stick to d-pad may have caused some 'wares to stop working, and others to need a re-write, the major effort that the community puts out for the little thing is astonishing ...

And the touch screen has brought so many new possibilities to the table ...

silent sniper

!dennaB
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, I figured the SNES emulation would be great...

Is the community really that strong? And if I get one, should I go with the F100 or f200? Seems like theres different advantages with the joystick to the touch screen.

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Get both, if you can afford them both, get the f200, if you can't ... the touch screen will take you further ...

More apps support the stick, but they are being updated and superceded, so touch screen is the way to go, I think ...

And the GP2X/GP32/Zodiac community is very good ...

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
silent sniper said:
Hmm... well, does it have any abilities (i don't care if it's wired or not) to hook up to the internet or LAN?

Yeah ... WiFi and all that ... check out the specs on openpandora.org

And, for those interested, check this video ... http://openpandora.org/blog.php

jeronz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I recommend waiting for the pandora (spiritual successor to GP2X) to come out. Its many times better. Target release date is this or next month I think.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
jordanlp said:
what all can it emulate
It can emulate PSP
rofl.gif

No, but really. It can emulate a variety of things such as NES to MAME games. I'm not sure about PS1/N64 though. Those are the ones current handhelds can't emulate well as of now. Pandora might be able to do it with ease.

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
feds4u said:
Speaking of battery power, I have a 15 minute charger and 4 2650 mah Energizer Rechargeable AA batteries. You get some decent battery life out of those. I highly recommend them if you're getting a GP2X.

Where did you get your charger? My GP2X has fallen into disuse due to not being able to charge the batteries quickly... 8 hour blind charge? No thanks...

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I would suggest a modded PSP right now. For actual emulation, the PSP is better with full speed PS1. I'm selling a PSP if you're interested, just BTW. Drop me a PM. [/shameless plug]

Seriously though, I do honestly believe the PSP is better if you just need a handheld for emulation, but the GP2X has a much better community. If you want the best emulation right now, PSP is probably the best, but if you can wait, get a Pandora. I know I'm getting one.
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse