So, I'm starting off with film.

Discover

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, fellow, yellow Tempers!

This is a great forum with lots of nice people, so I figured I would resort here for advice, and constructive critism.
I am starting off with making film, and I chose a basic Minecraft video to get started, and for people to know what my voice sounds like if that makes sense.

So, here is a little video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmRViJ5a7PU[/youtube]

Any suggestions, tips and other help will be greatly appreciated, and you may be in the credits at the end.

Thanks,

-TFC (TheFearlessCriminal on YouTube)

Sly 3 4 me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might want to either move the mic or have the sensitivity be a bit less. You can hear when you click the spacebar or whichever key you have it bound to for jumping and flying.
unsure.gif
Other then that it was nice, the frame rate was fine, maybe try setting it to normal though if you want the rendering to be smoother. Also, what's the noise at 8:35, I hear it sometimes in videos and always have wondered?

Discover

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sly 3 4 me said:
Also, what's the noise at 8:35, I hear it sometimes in videos and always have wondered?

It's the sound of speakers picking up an electronic radio wave, such as that emerging from my phone.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might also want to make the videos with someone else, or prepare what you're going to say ahead of time to make the video more... interesting, I guess.

Making it more dynamic will help you capture the audience's attention.

Discover

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gahars said:

Good advice I will take into account for the future.
Keeping the audience on their seat is quite a complex job, as there are many different tastes out there.

Thanks.
smile.gif

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok, first off, tons of people, including myself, are turned away from Minecraft commentaries where people play on Fast graphics.

Second, the video was pretty boring along with your dialogue. You talked pretty quietly, and it was almost as if you didn't know what to say.

I recommend doing something people will want to watch. Commentaries are boring, and many people would rather play the game than watch someone else do it. Do a building series, or mod/texture pack reviews.

Lastly, do something that makes your videos unique. Whether it be talking in some weird accent, having a certain theme, or playing music in the background. No one wants to watch the same old Minecraft videos over and over.

Discover

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm doing more videos on a variety of games. Luckily, I have a large repertoire of film making, from study, so I should make a tonne of watch-worthy films.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As with others if you are going to do a commentary consider doing it after the fact or at the very least recoding game sounds and mic sounds to different files- no keyboard/mouse noise, you can consider some things, cut and dub as appropriate and it will eliminate the fan noise in the background.

Other than that consider putting a quiet beat behind the track. Some do not approve of the method but it works quite well when you are talking at length. Not a musician? do not worry as not many are (myself very much included) but for this sort of thing you can fake it with a simple sequencer. As a ten second test toy around with http://lab.andre-michelle.com/tonematrix and something nice should happen (start with the bottom row).

You turned the draw distance down..... not necessarily a bad thing but it would cause a twitch if I tried doing it (video being an inherently visual medium and all).

Sticking with video if you have long sequences of not a lot (say walking somewhere) consider adding a small box with something more interesting in, overcranking the video (think yakety sax), splitting the screen in two and having something in that or simply cutting and transitioning to a new place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there