Hacking So I'm new to the 3ds and i want a flash card to play all the games i legitly own

Blackmagehxc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 3ds about a week ago with over 20 games for 150 dollar's. I travel alot on airplanes and busses for work. so carrying all these games even with a case to me is a hassle.

I've been reading around about flash cart's. i know the firmware on my 3ds is the 8.0.0 or what ever the latest update.

a friend of mine told me the only flash card he knows of is the ace3ds plus now i'm here reading about flash cards and no one has mentioned this one why it it bad?

i'm just curious as how to get started and whats the cheapest option and the cons of the cheapest option.

what's the most expensive what's the most safest known. I'm not trying to brick the system as i play pokemon x on wi fi quite a bit. love wonder trading.

i know these threads are created alot. but my time is scarce and i get about an hour a day to play my 3ds let alone surf the web for faqs.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your option is to buy a different 3ds, no 3ds flashcarts work on firmwares over 4.5.

The Ace3DS is just a regular ds cart, not a 3ds one.

Reactions: OuahOuah

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
why are these websites promoting that they work on the 8.0 firmware and there is proof of this all over youtube?

They are either:

DS flash cards (for playing ds roms on 3ds)
Showing the Emunand function (still need 4.1-4.5, but can boot into a hacked 8.X)
Talking shit, just to try and sell more cards.

Reactions: OuahOuah

jamsplodge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm gonna be that guy...

If you only get about an hour a day to play, just take one cartridge with you at a time. If you're playing all 20 in the hot you're doing it wrong.

The only proof you'll find all over YouTube is proof of NDS ROMs working on 8.x. Definitely not 3DS games now and possibly ever.

Abcdfv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why are these websites promoting that they work on the 8.0 firmware and there is proof of this all over youtube?
They only play regular ds games. It's "gotcha" marketing.

Gateway and MTcard are the only two worth considering, and MTCard might be sol now that gateway has 7.x encryption.

Really, if you don't have time to read how the carts work, and their limitations you'll not have a fun time trying to figure anything out.

desertwarior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
with that amount of games you can cover the cost of a 4.x 3DS with a gateway , just sell your 3ds with the games and look for a 3ds with a firmware 4.x and buy a gateway flashcart, or wait for the unexpected to happen (a backup solution for the newer firmwares) .

wyll001

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
that is mostly a question for the nood thread, you MUST google out before bother people who probably told that 87 time already... but since i'm already here, aaaand i don't care to repeat myself, here goes:
the Nintendo DS flashcart allows to play .nds game extention you downloaded in the internet, download one, copy to and micro ds card, insert the card on the card and on the console, start the game, say AARG, congratulations: you pireted a game.
Nintendo 3DS flashcart doesn't exist, there are 5 teams that claim their carts work, but that actually a lie, if the people say it do, it's a HUGE hoax, trust the Squirrel, he can be your best friend when the comes.
the retail card, or Game Card, is the official one, an 3DS Game Card allows you to play online on the offical server (unlike the 3DS flashcart), they can be spoted from afar: they have a tab on the left side to don't fit in a regular Nintendo DS, and they are a bit much expancive to my liking if you ask me, the Nintendo DS Game Card is the same, but for the older generation, if i had to compare, i'd say that 3DS is a PS3 and DS is a SNES, or 3DS is the iPod touch 7 and DS would be a Java phone, maybe a Windows 8 Core to as Windows XP Professional, because it isn't that great as they say, the 3DS it's NO WHERE near his rival PSVITA, and the DS was WAYYYYY weaker cmopared to the rest of the consoles of it's generation, is not that bad really, at least not to the point to be stated as NES, query keyloard's, or 95, WHOOPSY DAISY, i was caried over again, wasn't i? let's see.. what's missing... tarary... tarara... OH! the DS Game Card is also Cheapsy (if that word existed, DS Cardf would be one), you can buy one with alew coins you "borrowed" from your older brother's pigbank, however that is a little disadvanged to a flashcart for a lot of reasons, and i got to tell you this: i went to 11 game stores over the state asking for a game for 3DS and 9 of them tried to sell me DS flashcart, i wonder what their faces would be like if they face disguised ant-parecy police man/woman.
and finally there are Nintendo eShop game which you buy online and download it to your storage media, it is cute (pretty) much like a 3DS Game Card.
to wrap this up i suggest you and anyone who reading this: to play DeSmuMe or No$GBA one or two months before even buy a DS or a 3DS, just to make sure of what you're getting to, back in the day all my friends that used DeSmuMe or No$GBA decided to buy a PSP instead, and the say they won't regret this choice one second of their life.

Blackmagehxc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ this guy just confused me.

okay so i cannot play back up 3d's games on a flash card. But i can play ds games which i'm okay with as i have 70 of those that i gave to my son. see the thing is i travel and stay in really bad hotel's so i don't got alot of room on top of the stuff i'm required to bring for work purposes. so carrying a game case isn't going to work for me.

so is the ace3ds a bad choice for even ds back ups? it's cheap and i dont want ot spend over 15 to get a micro sd with a usb extension for the pc and the card i need for my 3ds xl

wyll001

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

okay so i cannot play back up 3d's games on a flash card. But i can play ds games which i'm okay with as i have 70 of those that i gave to my son. see the thing is i travel and stay in really bad hotel's so i don't got alot of room on top of the stuff i'm required to bring for work purposes. so carrying a game case isn't going to work for me.

so is the ace3ds a bad choice for even ds back ups? it's cheap and i dont want ot spend over 15 to get a micro sd with a usb extension for the pc and the card i need for my 3ds xl
sorry, i usually get carry away when explaining stuff, sooooo.....
misspeling and chit-chat aside, DS flashcart sell like warm bread, and 3DS flashcart was been actually made, really, it was on a newspaper dated April 1st.
if you're looking for a flashcart, there is one that beat all the others, it is the Supercard DSTwo, it is compatible with ALL nintendos that uses Game Card, it got unique features for the ultimate DS gaming experience!! (perince.... rience.... ence....)
whoopsy-daisy, you wanted something cheap right? well, let's see... between the quanty and the quality... A-HA! i got the thing, between the price and performance, i think this one is cutie much decent.

Abcdfv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It was confusing because it was 90% nonsense. There are dedicated 3ds flashcarts, but they only work on 4.1-4.5 firmware.

DSTwo is amazing, but unless you also care about SNES or GBA emulation, you have no reason to buy it. One of the R4ids.cn cards will play just DS games fine.

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
Its 100% personal choice. If you think you might get a 4.5 3ds in the future you could buy a gateway and use the blue card for the time being to play Ds games on it and keep the other card until you get a 4.5 or less 3ds.
Other options have been stated, get a card for 3ds that plays your ds backups

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Its 100% personal choice. If you think you might get a 4.5 3ds in the future you could buy a gateway and use the blue card for the time being to play Ds games on it and keep the other card until you get a 4.5 or less 3ds.
Other options have been stated, get a card for 3ds that plays your ds backups
he actually couldn't use the blue card on his current 3ds, the blue card only works up to 6.2

Blackmagehxc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can live with the ace 3ds plus if it's not a bad cheap option it comes with everything i need minus the sd card and its fairly cheap. but i fear cheapness means problems. I'll just buy a new card if gateways or what have you ever work on 8.0 which i doubt ever will.

Abcdfv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can live with the ace 3ds plus if it's not a bad cheap option it comes with everything i need minus the sd card and its fairly cheap. but i fear cheapness means problems. I'll just buy a new card if gateways or what have you ever work on 8.0 which i doubt ever will.

Cheapness means you'll buy a new one every 6 months to a year, because they stop updating them to be compatible with the 3DS updates. Of course, unless Nintendo really has given up on blocking DS flashcarts, in which case it'll only die of natural causes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.