so i'm craving an SC miniSD

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by silent sniper, Mar 19, 2008.

Mar 19, 2008
  1. silent sniper
    OP

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    sometime in the future i am gonna wanna buy an SC miniSD. what i need to know is, what is the compatibily like? (gba and nds)

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    GBA, not so good. You're going to have slowdowns in some GBA games due to slow RAM. More info is available at http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SupercardGBASlowdowns

On the DS side of things however, the slot-2 Supercards remain some of the most compatible slot-2 devices out there. It's not quite as good as slot-1 devices obviously, and you won't have some of the advanced features like real-time saving, but nearly all games will work with cheats and in-game guide available.

Personally I use my SC MiniSD almost exclusively for DS gaming. I've got an older Flash2Advance Ultra that I use when I want to play a GBA game, so I actually haven't experienced the GBA slowdowns myself, aside from a quick test run with Metroid Fusion. Keep in mind you will need a slot-1 NoPass in order to boot the SC miniSD into DS mode, though once you do this you can install FlashMe if you wish which will eliminate the need for it.

3. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Compatibility of the SCDS is actually not as good as to a card such as the M3SD.

I'm here to tell you - M3 Lite (Or any slot 2 M3SD) is an awesome cart and I'd recommend it to anyone. [​IMG]