Hacking So I'm about to send Nintendo my Wii

wiiluver135

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to know just on thing before I send it to them: how do I go about getting rid of absolutely EVERYTHING homebrewise from Bootmii to...well everything else.
Also does anyone know from experience if Nintendo checks your info to see if you've ever done anything dealing with homebrew?

Oh if you wanna know how I fucked up my lens? Here's all I've gotta say: Don't buy the Official Wii Lens Cleaner Kit no matter what you do because if you mess up just a little bit your screwed
tongue.gif

crissm25

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiluver135 said:
I need to know just on thing before I send it to them: how do I go about getting rid of absolutely EVERYTHING homebrewise from Bootmii to...well everything else.
Also does anyone know from experience if Nintendo checks your info to see if you've ever done anything dealing with homebrew?

Oh if you wanna know how I fucked up my lens? Here's all I've gotta say: Don't buy the Official Wii Lens Cleaner Kit no matter what you do because if you mess up just a little bit your screwed
tongue.gif

They will check what uve done with ur wii if they find homebrew they might half fix ur wii and delete all of it since what ive heard

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You can uninstall BootMii and the Homebrew Channel via the HackMii installer (the same thing that installed BootMii). If you have any unofficial channels like NeoGamma and the HBC, be sure to delete those too.

Nintendo's repair dudes probably don't care, as long as your Wii acts normally. They won't scan your NAND just to see if you have cIOS or something (it doesn't pop up in the System Menu). But they will give a shit if they see the Homebrew Channel sitting on the screen.

wiiluver135

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
You can uninstall BootMii and the Homebrew Channel via the HackMii installer (the same thing that installed BootMii). If you have any unofficial channels like NeoGamma and the HBC, be sure to delete those too.

Nintendo's repair dudes probably don't care, as long as your Wii acts normally. They won't scan your NAND just to see if you have cIOS or something (it doesn't pop up in the System Menu). But they will give a shit if they see the Homebrew Channel sitting on the screen.
Thank you for your informative answers Dialexio they really helped me. The only thing that worries me is the "Today Accomplishments" thing in the Wii Menu...it shows all of my past thing I've done homebrew wise...and I was thinking that could be fixed if I formatted my Wii but...is it really that easy? Could they still find out?

wiiluver135

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys but I found another solution, man I love homebrew...ok could anyone point me in the direction of USB loading for noobs? I'm getting about $50 this week and I'm going to buy a new HDD and just play my games from there. I just need to know where to get the information I seek.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiluver135 said:
Thanks guys but I found another solution, man I love homebrew...ok could anyone point me in the direction of USB loading for noobs? I'm getting about $50 this week and I'm going to buy a new HDD and just play my games from there. I just need to know where to get the information I seek.

lol, get a job and you can make $50 a day MINUS taxes and then you can buy at least a HD per week.
tongue.gif

unless you're eleventeen years old...........

wiiluver135

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digital1980 said:
wiiluver135 said:

lol, get a job and you can make $50 a day MINUS taxes and then you can buy at least a HD per week.
tongue.gif

Yeah the rest of the money is going to the gas bill and the rent so I can only spend about $50...and you didn't answer my question.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiluver135 said:
Digital1980 said:
wiiluver135 said:

tongue.gif

Yeah the rest of the money is going to the gas bill and the rent so I can only spend about $50...and you didn't answer my question.

start here. Although there are others, this one should help you get started and is quite popular amongst modders.

Hope that helps.
wink.gif

wiiluver135

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digital1980 said:
wiiluver135 said:
Digital1980 said:
wiiluver135 said:

tongue.gif

start here. Although there are others, this one should help you get started and is quite popular amongst modders.

Hope that helps.
wink.gif
ok I added into my favorites for l8r, I'll read it some-more after I get my new HDD, btw I "dry-cleaned" my wii lens and got it to play GCN/Single Layer games again, but still no Brawl :v

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know whether they would look into your Wii's Play History. I do know that Maintenance Mode will not allow access to the Message Board, though. (You can access it by holding + and - while the Wii boots up, and get past the health warning screen.)

As for USB loaders, I'd highly recommend the Configurable USB Loader (if you can handle the sheer amount of configurations it supports!). cIOS38 rev14 is recommended for all modern USB loaders.

On a side note, it's great to hear you have single-layered discs working again.
smile.gif

wiiluver135

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
I don't know whether they would look into your Wii's Play History. I do know that Maintenance Mode will not allow access to the Message Board, though. (You can access it by holding + and - while the Wii boots up, and get past the health warning screen.)

As for USB loaders, I'd highly recommend the Configurable USB Loader (if you can handle the sheer amount of configurations it supports!). cIOS38 rev14 is recommended for all modern USB loaders.

On a side note, it's great to hear you have single-layered discs working again.
smile.gif
Yeah, right now I'm just have trouble find a list of working/non-working HDDs but I think I'll be getting a Seagate...
Edit: searched, found some stuff...thanks for all your help guys
happy.gif

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Not to be a party pooper, but I read in another thread that a guy with HB on his Wii sent it to Nintendo and they charged him extra cash for installing unautorized stuff. I don't think it was much, but yeah

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
wii_128 said:
Not to be a party pooper, but I read in another thread that a guy with HB on his Wii sent it to Nintendo and they charged him extra cash for installing unautorized stuff. I don't think it was much, but yeah
Out-of-warranty repairs in America are $75 plus shipping. I do recall Nintendo trying to charge me $200 for my hacked Wii, but I called back to get another rep that charged me the standard $75.
biggrin.gif

@wiiluver: Do not get scared by what I just mentioned. If it looks like it behaves normally, they won't give a rat's ass. (It's probably not even Nintendo looking at the Wii; it's more likely than not their contracted repair dudes at United Radio or Minilec.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong