So if I want to use a Wiimote with Dolphin I need to buy a Bluetooth USB Dongle ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Noob75, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Noob75
    OP

Noob75 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2017
    United States
  2. Scarlet

Scarlet It Was Me All Along

GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    You'll also want an IR bar, but they're pretty cheap. After you've got those, it's really easy to use.

3. Noob75
    OP

Noob75 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2017
    United States
    So it's really easy to set up then ? Could I even use the nun-chuck and possibly the Wii Classic Controller Pro too all with the Dolphin ?

4. Noob75
    OP

Noob75 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2017
    United States
    bump

5. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Your might be different because you buy dongle but I am sure it will be same thing. Since I had dongle for PC before.

Right now, I am using the macOS. Anyway, I use Wii Motion Plus for Dolphin with my macOs and bluetooth build in along with IR BAR and nun-chuck. They works great!

To your question about Wii Classic Controller Pro.. Not true so you will have to go to Dolphin Emulator Site and go to forum for your question there.

Last edited by azoreseuropa, Jul 7, 2017
  6. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    keep in mind the IR bar isn't connected to anything, it's literally just a bunch of infrared leds in a package
    you can get one powered by usb and connect it to a power bank or wall socket if you desire, or just powered by AA batteries

just saying this as a tip and to make it clear you don't need to like configure it or something