So if i Format my n3ds XL will i still have the 022-2812 'ban'

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by CainanC12, Aug 6, 2017.

1. CainanC12
    OP

CainanC12 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    United Kingdom
    London , UK
    so i want to do set up cfw on my n3ds using the dsi ware method and due to having a nnid i would have to format etc so would i still be banned if so its not worth doing

2. Virdoo

Virdoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Yes, it will still be banned. Try to find localseed online and unban yourself first, then you can move to the new console.

3. CainanC12
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    United Kingdom
    London , UK
    it has no cfw so how is that possible

4. OfficialFBomb

OfficialFBomb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    So you're not banned? You don't automatically get banned when you install CFW. If you had been banned for what ever reason you have to unban yourself.

5. CainanC12
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    United Kingdom
    London , UK
    no no no thats not the case my stock 11.5 n3ds has the 022-2812 ban (bcuz my lewd miiverse posts) and im wondering is a sytem transfer to that system is possible after a format to remove the nnid

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

6. OfficialFBomb

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    So since you cant cfw you cant unban, And since you cant unban the ban would still be live after getting cfw, but i believe you would be able to unban after. But i would wait for someone else to see these and comment since i'm sure someone has done this and can clarify.

7. CainanC12
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    United Kingdom
    London , UK
    btw i really dont care about removing the ban cfw is more of a priority and anyway i can play online just cant update games
    also if i format then get cfw i would need to use tik shop to get my games back

8. OfficialFBomb

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    With cfw i imagine you would be able to update games and download already owned games. I have never had a ban so i cant comment on what you can or cant do but with cfw hopefully it opens up you're options more.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You might try asking this again in like the firmware section, someone there should be able to shed some more light on the subject.

9. BetterDuck

BetterDuck GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2017
    United States
    I don't believe you need to format anymore, unless I'm wrong here. You can use NTRboot now and unban yourself afterwards.