So if i Buy this, and this, will it work? (Question)

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by DeoNaught, Oct 26, 2016.

1. DeoNaught
    OP

DeoNaught ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Over there ;)
    So I if I buy:
    these ram Cards,
    and this Video card,
    for my old computer will it be enough for gaming(not hard core gaming).
    I think I will need a new Cpu, if so what do you suggest(I'm on a buget)?

2. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    what are your other specs?

3. fossda

fossda GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2011
    Those component are fine for gaming at 1080p with all modern games at medium to high settings. For the CPU, it depends what socket your motherboard has.

4. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I would assume so, but we can't confirm if you don't AT LEAST tell us what your motherboard specifications are

5. gman666

gman666 Cubicle Expert

Jun 4, 2011
    United States
    a cubicle
    If your PC is prebuilt or store bought, we need a model number or model name. However, if you're building it yourself, we need specs. If you're sure about compatibility, The 1050ti can max out a lot of 1080p games. Also, RAM should not be your main focus, and you should reinvest that money into an even better GPU. If you already have 4gb or more RAM you should be fine.

Last edited by gman666, Oct 26, 2016
    TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  6. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    I wouldn't get a 1050ti. With the recent price drop that AMD annouced, for $20 more you can have a 4GB 470, which is a much faster card in most cases.

Last edited by Armadillo, Oct 26, 2016
  7. sup3rgh0st

sup3rgh0st Top Tier Ghost

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Run Speccy: https://www.piriform.com/speccy : and tell us what your motherboard is. Without knowing that, we have no way of knowing what type of RAM you need

8. Gizametalman

Gizametalman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 18, 2015
    Mexico
    D.F. - Zona Cero.
    How old is your Mother? It depends... it couldn't handle such amazing and ultra power if your Mother is old.
    I'm talking about your Mother Board :rolleyes:

9. DeoNaught
    OP

DeoNaught ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Over there ;)
    Thanks for the Replies everyone, its a store bought one.. does it matter that its really old? its a tower Pc though, it runs like Super Slow, I'm going to erase everything on then, install Linux mint on it.

10. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    If it's really old it probably doesn't have a good enough CPU to run modern games. It also probably doesn't have a mother board compatible with that ddr3 ram or that video card. I'm guessing your powerserving unit probably also wouldn't have enough juice to power the video card.

You're going to have to buy a case, cpu, psu and motherboard (the hdd in your old setup will probably be fine) - and build a new computer.

This might not all be true, but you're going to have to give us specifics on your motherboard, psu and cpu.

TotalInsanity4 and DeoNaught like this.