Hacking So if I buy a new 3DS XL and one of those Sky 3s flash cards I can play any 3DS game or any eShop ga

D

Deleted-379826

Oh no no eshop? I wanted to play mystical ninja goemon
You can go the free way of using CFW! It also has many more features and will allow for eshop games. You also will not need to patch headers so less work!

ichidansan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not to topic steal, but friend just bought a N3ds on 11.0, and I seen some things where OoTHax is working on that, and somehow downgrading.. is that possible? or can i just do the whole nand business and have a CFW for him?

D

Deleted-379826

not to topic steal, but friend just bought a N3ds on 11.0, and I seen some things where OoTHax is working on that, and somehow downgrading.. is that possible? or can i just do the whole nand business and have a CFW for him?
There is userland available for free. Which consists of a few emulators and a bit of other homebrew. You can downgrade if you have another 3ds on less than 11.0 though!

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have skill soldering electronics, you can give him a downgrade with a hardmod. If you don't, you will need to send your 3ds for a hard mod to downgrade or have a second 3ds that has cfw on it.

ichidansan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is userland available for free. Which consists of a few emulators and a bit of other homebrew. You can downgrade if you have another 3ds on less than 11.0 though!

if you have skill soldering electronics, you can give him a downgrade with a hardmod. If you don't, you will need to send your 3ds for a hard mod to downgrade or have a second 3ds that has cfw on it.

you both mentioned a separate 3ds with CFW on it could work, I do have one myself with a sysnand of 9.2 and cfw on latest. looking for correct topic/tut now.

Reactions: Deleted-379826
D

Deleted-379826

What the heck if cfw is free and does everything sky3ds does why doesn't everyone use it ?
They either got it a long time ago, are on 11.0 not wanting to do a hardmod (which is cheaper) or have another hacked 3ds, or are lazy

Beebz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I could buy a new 3DS XL and download custom firmware and then I could play any 3DS game as well as any eShop game for free?

D

Deleted-379826

So I could buy a new 3DS XL and download custom firmware and then I could play any 3DS game as well as any eShop game for free?
Yes correct, a bit more complex than that but yes. AS LONG AS YOU ARE NOT ON THE COMPLETE LATEST FIRMWARE! any OTHER firmware is good!

Beebz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose I won't be able to play games online though because it won't be the latest firmware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse