ROM Hack So if halo ds is just a goldeney mod

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering is there a dump of the rom, or does anyone have the ips so i can patch it myself?

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.
There is no Halo DS rom,or patch or whatever.
You have too many threads and to many questions.
Make one thread in general console discussion,and ask a million questions.
Also research before asking millions of questions.
Google has better answers...sometimes...

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why it keeps coming up. How can people not understand that Halo is owned by Microsoft (Yes they kept ownership when BUNGiE left) so it will NEVER end up on DS. Despite the massive amounts of rumors, yes.

Btw, even for the claimed to be made version, no names are every mentioned exactly, and it will never be finished (The 'beta' versions are B.S. anyway) as it can't pass copyright.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
How can people not understand that Halo is owned by Microsoft (Yes they kept ownership when BUNGiE left) so it will NEVER end up on DS.
Actually Microsoft own Rare and they are making Viva Pinata DS. Microsoft in the past have said that they are not in competition with the DS and got THQ to put out Age of Empires: Age of Kings. Another Microsoft series MechAssault has been bought to the DS too.

In July last year Bungie's Brian Gerard and Frank O'Connor have said that Halo DS has been pitched to them but they decided not to do it.
http://ds.ign.com/articles/806/806366p1.html

Its not going to happen though and I wish that people would accept that.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not the one where the screens are taken from. In fact, the screens were probably photoshopped. In any case, that won't get far, even as homebrew, the dude behind it seems to be an idiot.

Not only that but it's "Halzo DS" which seems to be a crappy remake around his son or whatever...

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
the developer was never confirmed, but IGN did supply some videos of the build cart they received.
It LOOKS like it was built off the goldeneye engine (NOT A MOD >_

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
actually, I did here that the video from IGN was a joke or something? I can't remember where I saw that, but I'm almost certain that it was a faked video.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
CPhantom said:
actually, I did here that the video from IGN was a joke or something? I can't remember where I saw that, but I'm almost certain that it was a faked video.
that's just what people have been saying so they can cope with the fact they will never get to play it.

does anyone else remember Halo's history on the GBA?

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
.TakaM said:
CPhantom said:
that's just what people have been saying so they can cope with the fact they will never get to play it.

So wait, that was actually some form of Halo then? Heh, awesome. I bet that the game would be crap on the DS anyhow. I'm not a fan of the Halo series anyway, so it doesn't really effect me haha.

What? Halo GBA? -.-;;

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
Actually Microsoft own Rare and they are making Viva Pinata DS. Microsoft in the past have said that they are not in competition with the DS and got THQ to put out Age of Empires: Age of Kings. Another Microsoft series MechAssault has been bought to the DS too.

In July last year Bungie's Brian Gerard and Frank O'Connor have said that Halo DS has been pitched to them but they decided not to do it.
http://ds.ign.com/articles/806/806366p1.html

Its not going to happen though and I wish that people would accept that.
Heh, haven't heard of Viva Pinata DS. Nice to see that they aren't fueding over handhelds now, and are going to allow DS releases. I believe for the most part that they're trying this because Nintendo isn't going the same 'graphic heavy' path that Sony and Microsoft are going on consoles, so they're not as much of a threat (Hence it being better on DS than PSP). In any case, I was not aware of that, but with Apple planning a handheld in the next few years (I believe the codename as of now is "Green Apple" but it's changed a bit), I'm fairly sure that Microsoft will follow up as not to be left out of something in the competitive electronics world.

CPhantom said:
Although it's quite possible that it was faked, it could be a number of things. Someone could have just made the whole thing, sent it over, and what not. It's just as good as a fake either way though since it won't happen...

QUOTE(.TakaM @ Jun 6 2008, 08:34 AM)

I remember some of it as I wasn't as big into flashcarts and stuff when I had my GBA, but I did attempt to keep up with the scene at the time, although mostly lurking.

I don't think it's as much coping as it is that the lack of evidence points in that direction.
1)No specific developer has been stated, and when one was (BUNGiE) they declined that it was them, because it wasn't.
2)It looks too much like a mockup of another game (Goldeneye)
3)It's quite a popular idea and has been stated since before DS days (GBA) so it wasn't an old concept, and it could easily have been used against it.

However, the tape was probably real if IGN kept it on, goldeneye mockup or not, and with that said, it's pretty good for an attempt, but it won't happen so it doesn't matter much. The few attempts at Halo DS (Like HalzoDS) will never look that good either.

---
You can do a google search for Halo GBA information.

As for it sucking, I believe that graphic heavy FPS's probably have more of a place on the PSP, but the DS does have it's benefits (Although using the stylus dramatically cuts the buttons available)

===
In anycase the thread was answered, and the answer is sadly No. I'm not a fan, but having a Halo DS would be decent.

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't really care if We get a Halo DS ROM or an actual game, I Don't really care for the series, I haven't Been Having fun while playing a console FPS since The Few months after halo 2's release.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's probably because most FPS are basically the same thing over and over again with beefed up graphics. It's rare that you see an MMORPG with something entirely different, and to be honest after playing 2~3 FPS games I lost complete taste for the genre altogether as well.

It does indeed seem like most people loooove Halo though, so whatever, power to the player.

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
That's probably because most FPS are basically the same thing over and over again with beefed up graphics. It's rare that you see an MMORPG with something entirely different, and to be honest after playing 2~3 FPS games I lost complete taste for the genre altogether as well.

It does indeed seem like most people loooove Halo though, so whatever, power to the player.
I must say. . . I did like the storyline. . . but on the other hand, I read the books when I got bored
tongue.gif

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never read any of the books (Wasn't aware of them being popular at all either o_o;), but I played mostly only the storyline. Once me and my friend finished (I'm guessing it was Halo 2 cause it had co-op campaign, although I'm not sure...), we played all of 3~ hours of multplayer and I just stopped after that.

I'm very much so not a FPS kind of dude though, there were a few I liked, but they all get boring within an hour.

Either way, if it was on DS it would probably stink. I found Goldeneye to be almost fully unplayable by me on DS, and not just cause of the genre, but also controls. Funny how a game that was so awesome on N64 kinda fails so hard on DS ._.;

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Call of Duty 4 for PC is a good FPS, since it got story, features, and graphics

Yeah, it's for PC, not for NDS, since the NDS one is pretty different in terms of capabilities

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
IGN were joking about halo DS in their latest nintendo podcast about how people accuse them of rendering the video/other stupid rumours/etc
and they again repeated themselves that the cart was a proposal microsoft/bungie turned down.

Kusan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
We won't get Halo DS (fortunately), Halo sucks IMO...nothing new to the FPS style. But we'll get C.O.R.E. which looks just like a Halo rip-off and it's a reality xD...DS needs decent FPS...and seems like C.O.R.E. will be one of those

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1