The Noob :(
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But I don't wanna lose the ability to play the HBC or use the backup launcher. I'm just curious, does anyone know if these are both fine after an update? I don't want my wii to die on me when I update or anything, haha.

I just am getting mixed ideas outta the forums, so I just want it straight to me.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
CPhantom said:
But I don't wanna lose the ability to play the HBC or use the backup launcher. I'm just curious, does anyone know if these are both fine after an update? I don't want my wii to die on me when I update or anything, haha.

I just am getting mixed ideas outta the forums, so I just want it straight to me.
don't update and there is a couple of threads to discuss the matter so no need for another one
wink.gif

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything so far says that the HBC stays on the wii and still works and backup loading still works as long as you have a cIOS installed BEFORE updating. There is no current way to get a customios installed on a wii that is at menu 4.0.

There are currently mixed results when it comes to downgrading and there is no way to recover your system currently if something goes bad and you brick. With all that knowledge in hand, it's best to just wait a few days/weeks for a solution to be found. Upgrading before that time may lead you into a situation where you are stuck and unable to fix anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free