So I want to upgrade to 4.0...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by CPhantom, Mar 25, 2009.

Mar 25, 2009
  1. CPhantom
    OP

Member CPhantom The Noob :(

United States
    But I don't wanna lose the ability to play the HBC or use the backup launcher. I'm just curious, does anyone know if these are both fine after an update? I don't want my wii to die on me when I update or anything, haha.

I just am getting mixed ideas outta the forums, so I just want it straight to me.

2. Gamemaster1379

Member Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I foolishly updated and am paying the price. I'm not sure all of what 4.0 does, but I"m testing it now. I'll post my results when I'm comfortable with my testing.

3. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    don't update and there is a couple of threads to discuss the matter so no need for another one [​IMG]

4. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Everything so far says that the HBC stays on the wii and still works and backup loading still works as long as you have a cIOS installed BEFORE updating. There is no current way to get a customios installed on a wii that is at menu 4.0.

There are currently mixed results when it comes to downgrading and there is no way to recover your system currently if something goes bad and you brick. With all that knowledge in hand, it's best to just wait a few days/weeks for a solution to be found. Upgrading before that time may lead you into a situation where you are stuck and unable to fix anything.