Hardware So I want to play my wii using my Computer moniter.

perimbean

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
turtleman said:
Will this get the job done?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16815100120

And just as a note, I'm on a budget here.

I've seen the url, it's actually a KWORLD X-Pert DVD Maker PCI Card VS-L883D PCI Interface, an interface card which captures input signal from your Handcam or video source (which you have an video capture software running on your computer system).

Are you trying to use your computer moniter as a video output device from wii machine?

turtleman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know what it is. And I'm pretty sure I already stated that's what I've wanted to do with it.
wink.gif

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
if you've got some cash (you're from the US, so 200$ should do it) just get a new monitor that has component inputs.
I did that a few months ago, it's a bit expensive (cost me 300€), but I can hook my laptops, 360, wii and PS3 (when someone lends me one) all at the same time. No adapters means no signal quality loss.

if you have a tight budget, a VGA box should do it, but you might get some problems sometimes

MaelstromVale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll add that not all TV tuner cards have a noticeable delay. It depends on both the card you get and the software you use. Unfortunately, there's often little way of knowing whether or not a card you get will be suitable for gaming beforehand. For example, the TV tuner card I bought a while back had roughly a second of delay out of the box, but using something like ChrisTV to bypass its hardware mpeg-2 encoding cut the delay to milliseconds without damaging the picture quality much (after setting up ffdshow filters and the like).

Then again, I will say that I've never found a TV tuner card that had what I'd consider enjoyable picture quality for gaming. Plenty are respectable for watching TV, but when you're looking for *quality* image, they tend to disappoint. I actually just bought a 650 dollar hdtv/monitor for this very reason, since I recently renewed my interest in console gaming. You could probably get a pure monitor with nice inputs for a third of that or less.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on