So I want to play my wii using my Computer moniter.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by turtleman, Mar 26, 2008.

1. turtleman
    OP

Member turtleman GBAtemp Regular

United States
  2. perimbean

Member perimbean GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    I've seen the url, it's actually a KWORLD X-Pert DVD Maker PCI Card VS-L883D PCI Interface, an interface card which captures input signal from your Handcam or video source (which you have an video capture software running on your computer system).

Are you trying to use your computer moniter as a video output device from wii machine?

3. turtleman
    OP

Member turtleman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I know what it is. And I'm pretty sure I already stated that's what I've wanted to do with it. [​IMG]

4. ahtin

Member ahtin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong
    VGA box will be an option, better than using computer to capture

Try this, http://www.hdboxpro.com , I am using it with my Wii and 360

5. katsuce

Member katsuce GBAtemp Fan

France
    if you've got some cash (you're from the US, so 200$ should do it) just get a new monitor that has component inputs.
    I did that a few months ago, it's a bit expensive (cost me 300€), but I can hook my laptops, 360, wii and PS3 (when someone lends me one) all at the same time. No adapters means no signal quality loss.

if you have a tight budget, a VGA box should do it, but you might get some problems sometimes

6. Shinster

Member Shinster GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Using a capture card will give you noticeable delay.

7. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States

8. Kiok

Member Kiok GBAtemp Regular

Jamaica
  9. Twiffles

Member Twiffles танковые победы

Germany
  10. MaelstromVale

Newcomer MaelstromVale Member

United States
    I'll add that not all TV tuner cards have a noticeable delay. It depends on both the card you get and the software you use. Unfortunately, there's often little way of knowing whether or not a card you get will be suitable for gaming beforehand. For example, the TV tuner card I bought a while back had roughly a second of delay out of the box, but using something like ChrisTV to bypass its hardware mpeg-2 encoding cut the delay to milliseconds without damaging the picture quality much (after setting up ffdshow filters and the like).

Then again, I will say that I've never found a TV tuner card that had what I'd consider enjoyable picture quality for gaming. Plenty are respectable for watching TV, but when you're looking for *quality* image, they tend to disappoint. I actually just bought a 650 dollar hdtv/monitor for this very reason, since I recently renewed my interest in console gaming. You could probably get a pure monitor with nice inputs for a third of that or less.

11. stok3d

Member stok3d Retro Gaming Inc.

Canada
    that is sweet as hell Twiffles