So I wanna delete saves and organize.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Drink the Bleach, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Drink the Bleach
    OP

Drink the Bleach This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014

Banned
    Apr 5, 2014
    United States
    My my gateway saves are long, numerical, and don't directly describe to me what game they're for. Is there a process to have your saves actually identifiable?

I also want to arrange the order which games show up as in gateway mode.
    Games I don't want to play right now are at the front as the one I'm into is all the way on the end. What do?

Also regarding the recent omega update about 3ds updates does that mean you can go on 3ds shop and buy games or does it mean it runs copies of digital games? Because I thought digital content had a unique serial marker for each copy.

2. ETNWIND

ETNWIND Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2013
    United States
    The numerical file name is the titleid of the game, search them here http://3ds.essh.co/

You can do that with emunand.

3. hundshamer

hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Blacklisted Trader
    May 22, 2009
    United States
    The only way I can think of is to move all the saves to a folder on your PC, launching a game, then saving, and compare the ID's. EDIT: ETNWIND has a better idea

Get a title called fatSorter and put a letter in front of a game to list them how you want.

You can buy e-shop games and use games dumped with a .3ds suffix (only Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies and HarmoKnight exist at the moment). With bought e-shop games DSIWare and GBA Virtual Console games do not work.

4. Drink the Bleach
    OP

Drink the Bleach This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014

Banned
    Apr 5, 2014
    United States
    I've never tried messing wwith emunand, what is that exactly?

Up until now, I've always used my other systems for the eshop. Shovel Knight is coming out, and I'd like to play it on two systems, but I've only pre ordered, and only want one copy.

Is there a known method to dumping eshop games you've already bought?

5. xextil

xextil Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2007
    I've made a simple program that identifies the game name from each .sav file in a folder. (Thanks to http://3ds.essh.co for his great database) Download link: Save Manager 3DS

6. alexenochs

alexenochs GBAtemp Fan

Aug 30, 2010
    United States
    is this program designed for windows? I don't see an executable and this would be very useful to me lol

7. froatsnook

froatsnook Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2014
    United States

It's a java program and it probably works on windows. Do you have java installed?

8. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    I've put it in an exe wrapper using launch4j. Maybe that'll help.

Attached Files: