So I upgraded USB Loader GX, and now I get black screen

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by k4ever, Jan 24, 2011.

1. k4ever
    OP

Member k4ever GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I updated GX today the 4th january 2011 through wifi. I already changed the custom paths for all the disc, 2d, and 3d images, so I wont have to download them all over again btw.
    I know that the loader settings resetted to default, so I tried to do the usual force NTSC ( im in the US ), and tweaks to the error 002 ( anti, yes, no ), etc ...
    Even games like mario kart wont load and give me a black screen instead. I also have wiiflow and everything works perfect there.
    I have updated GX before through wifi and it never gave me this problem. Maybe its because this is a 2.0 version and everything is set to default now. Does this has anything to do with what cios Im using?
    When I first got my wii 2 years ago, I was using waninkokos cios38rev14. Later I have upgraded it with more recent versions and I have a bunch of the installers in a folder in my computer. Right now I think I have ciosxrev19 installed by waninkoko but Im not sure. If this is the case, how can I check what cios Im actually using, and which one should I get in order for it to be compatible with this recent new version of usb loader gx? Should I downgrade/ upgrade something here?
    Thanks.

2. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

waninko latest cios is rev21

3. k4ever
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the link. I downloaded the installer and put it successfully in my wii through hbc. The only thing that I have changed in GX settings is the force NTSC, and tried with anti, yes, no the 002 error fix. Still nothing. =(

4. zizer

try use rev21 base56 in slot249

5. k4ever
    OP

United States
    Didnt work =/. Default is to install it in base 58. I used 56 and tried 4 methods of loading the game:
    1. Force NTSC + error 002 yes
    2. Force NTSC + error 002 anti
    3. Force NTSC + error 002 no
    4. Default settings.

Wiiflow doesnt give me any problems at all.
    Any other tips? =(

6. zizer

7. k4ever
    OP

United States
    Maybe the path where GX loads the games has been changed, and that will explain the problem. I know a lot of people recommend to use cfg loader, but before I do that I want to know whats causing the GX load trouble.

8. k4ever
    OP

United States
    Problem solved. I decided to follow the advice of someone in wiihacks that said one should delete the config file in your sd card/usb device, and reinstall a fresh gx 2.0. I downloaded everything from the official GX site and now I can load the games finally.

9. northerngeezer

Newcomer northerngeezer Member

United States
    I would be grateful if you could give me an idiots guide to what you did exactly as I have started to get the black screen of death after upgrading to V2.0 (though I must admit the games were okay for several days but since yesterday nothing loads).

Thanks

10. Stigmatic

Newcomer Stigmatic Advanced Member

Norway
    Read what you quoted.

Delete everything related to gx, and start fresh.

11. sonictopfan

Member sonictopfan GBAtemp Addict

Kuwait
    Hi, i have a similar problem, whenever i try USB Loader GX 2.0 the loader works fine but trying to load any game gives me a black screen and i have to do a full power off "hold power botton for 5 seconds".

It all started when i i was playign SSBB and noticed that when i beat classic mode or try to load a video the game gives me a error message, i searched for a solution and followed the steps installing cIOS and what not but with no luck.

Now i'm unable to run ANY game using USB Loader GX 2.0, i'm not sure if it has to do with messing with cIOS or not but using an older version of USB Loader GX works, and Neo Gamma works too, i could live with that as i don't wanna risk my Wii just for a fully working SSBB especially that i can do that using the game disk, but i just wanna know what's causing this to happen and did i really mess up my cIOS or not cause i'm worried about the Wii, thank!

12. zizer

13. robjanssen

Newcomer robjanssen Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Look in the config file GXGlobal.cfg.
    Search for cios =
    If it says "cios = 0" change it to "cios = 249".
    Then try again.

14. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    I installed usb loader gx as a channel, how can i find this config file?

I already tried to reinstall the channel but it wont work, all games give black screen after launch

15. binded2

Newcomer binded2 Newbie

United States
    you need to install ios 58 i think it is it doesnt need any hacks or any thing

i had the black screen as well and after searching i relized thats what i was missing im also runnin wankos 249 in slot 247 base i think 57 v21 every thing runs have not run in to any problems loading games cod black ops works and every other game i dont have any other usb stuff so i dont know if it works for all but every game has played