So I upgraded my 3DS XL to the newest firmware...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Zephyrrx15, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Zephyrrx15
    OP

Zephyrrx15 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2015
    United States
    and I brought a Gateway 3DS right after too. So can you guys tell me how I can get it back down to a firmware which allows me to play 3DS roms on my XL? I've been itching to get a Gateway and now that I have it? I can't play it on my 3DS :/ and I have no idea how to downgrade it either.

EDIT: So there's nothing I can do? I can't reset my 3DS and then upgrade the firmware via a cartridge? I don't want to sell the Gateway guys ;w; and I don't wanna sell my 3DS XL either. Can I borrow a nand backup from a guy who backed up their system?

Last edited by Zephyrrx15, Jun 1, 2015
  2. Ralph1611

Ralph1611 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    Sell your Gateway for a Sky3ds... or sell your 3ds and get a new one with firmware 9.2 or lower.

3. marksteele

marksteele GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 16, 2011
    Canada
    you can't downgrade unless you have a nand backup (you don't). So like the above poster said, get a sky or get a new N3DS XL with 9.2 or less

4. Mystic Shadow

Mystic Shadow GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    The rule of wanting a hacked system is TOO NEVER UPDATE IT till hackers reccomend a good FW to be on for it.

5. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    There is nothing you can do, sell the GW and get a sky3ds.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice