So I tried to mod my 3DS XL and I think I bricked it.

Kaiji_Key

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I realized that I set it up wrong, and my computer just backed up all of my images to the SD card. I removed it and I now have about 800MB of storage left on the card.

Kaiji_Key

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wait never mind. After I close and then relaunch the Download Play app, a screen comes up that says 'An exception occurred', and then there are a ton of numbers and letters.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh wait never mind. After I close and then relaunch the Download Play app, a screen comes up that says 'An exception occurred', and then there are a ton of numbers and letters.
Oh wait, you might not have the boot.3dsx from Luma3DS on the root of you SD card, copy that over and it should work. Sorry, I just completely forgot about that

Kaiji_Key

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. Hopefully, this is the last thing.

I need 1.3GB to back up my essential files, and I do not have that much storage. I believe I have two options: One, I can just delete all my photos and videos from my SD card since I already have them downloaded on my computer, or two, I have another SD card that I can use, but I have no clue how to transfer all of my data to the new one, and I don't know if I will have to restart the whole process again.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay. Hopefully, this is the last thing.

I need 1.3GB to back up my essential files, and I do not have that much storage. I believe I have two options: One, I can just delete all my photos and videos from my SD card since I already have them downloaded on my computer, or two, I have another SD card that I can use, but I have no clue how to transfer all of my data to the new one, and I don't know if I will have to restart the whole process again.
You can indeed delete your photos and videos if you have them backed up. If the 2nd SD card is actually bigger, just copy everything over. If it isn't bigger, I'd just wait until you get a bigger card

Kaiji_Key

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can indeed delete your photos and videos if you have them backed up. If the 2nd SD card is actually bigger, just copy everything over. If it isn't bigger, I'd just wait until you get a bigger card
I think I'm going to swap it out for a bigger SD card; so all I need to do is copy everything over? And where will I be in the modding process?

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
And it's done! Now how do I download games?
If you're talking about piracy, you'll need to find a .cia of the game. Unfortunately, it is against the rules to link to any ROM files so you're on your own when it comes to searching. But when you do find one, simply install using FBI

Reactions: CoolMe

Kaiji_Key

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're talking about piracy, you'll need to find a .cia of the game. Unfortunately, it is against the rules to link to any ROM files so you're on your own when it comes to searching. But when you do find one, simply install using FBI
Would you say that RetroArch is a good site to... borrow games from?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: