Hardware So I Tried to Do the Unthinkable. Goodbye Homeland Security!

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Amiibo use the NTAG-215 type NFC chip, whereas passports use an ISO 14443-compliant chip that is specifically designed for personal identification purposes.

The contents of a passport's chip are partially encrypted, the encryption keys are printed in the ID page. When you scan your passport, the optical scanner reads the keys off the pages and then uses them in conjunction with the NFC information to verify your identity, this is why passports are always open when scanned and can't be used when closed.

tl;dr - Amiibo are NFC-only whereas passports use a different protocol that requires further information.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Amiibo use the NTAG-215 type NFC chip, whereas passports use an ISO 14443-compliant chip that is specifically designed for personal identification purposes.

The contents of a passport's chip are partially encrypted, the encryption keys are printed in the ID page. When you scan your passport, the optical scanner reads the keys off the pages and then uses them in conjunction with the NFC information to verify your identity, this is why passports are always open when scanned and can't be used when closed.

tl;dr - Amiibo are NFC-only whereas passports use a different protocol that requires further information.
My guess is also the chips on the passports aren't writable only readable. Am I correct in this assumtion?

m00k00

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Gosh, this massive amount of bullshit is making my brain hurt on a Saturday morning.

@OP: please try to at least understand NFC before you are creating such a horseshit thread... Seriously you could have at least done a little research. Usually I got used to not even replying to such a bullshit thread, but this one definitely pushed me over the edge.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why should it . . . ? did the airports scanner give you an error when you were asked to scan your passport and instead tried to scan a pikachu . . . ?
Actually, yes they would.
How is making something easy and efficient showing off?
Are you seriously asking that? America doesn't care about our travelling experience. They are showing other countries how rich and smart America is by using this (might I say unnecessary) tech in airports, not in American airports, but international destinations across the world. I personally saw the 'immigration machine' in the Abu Dhabi airport. I've never seen it before in America, not in LAX, not in JFK, nowhere.
Give me your passport and I'll buy you a Amoobi, I'd gladly become a US citizen. I like Trump and Nintendo NoA.
No frickin way, pal!
Gosh, this massive amount of bullshit is making my brain hurt on a Saturday morning.

@OP: please try to at least understand NFC before you are creating such a horseshit thread... Seriously you could have at least done a little research. Usually I got used to not even replying to such a bullshit thread, but this one definitely pushed me over the edge.
why should it . . . ? did the airports scanner give you an error when you were asked to scan your passport and instead tried
1. You didn't have to read all this horseshit, you could have ignored it.
2. I did research. I only found crap about scanning Amiibo and passports on Android phones, both of which apparently are recognized on the phone. Upon finding nothing, I made a thread on the 'Temp about it.
3. It was a general discussion, gosh you people! I was just wondering why it wasn't working, and asked here. We heard everybody's responses, I got my answer, we're good.
4. Why do I always recieve h8 for my threads, just because they're thinking outside the box?

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you seriously asking that? America doesn't care about our travelling experience. They are showing other countries how rich and smart America is by using this (might I say unnecessary) tech in airports, not in American airports, but international destinations across the world. I personally saw the 'immigration machine' in the Abu Dhabi airport. I've never seen it before in America, not in LAX, not in JFK, nowhere.
Of course America doesn't care about airports, companies do. The only thing America care's about is making the legal rights and regulations of airplanes. They just want money, I'd rather live solo on a desolate island making my own government, but I just don't have the time and resources devoted for doing so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2