So I think my wii dvd-reader just died on me

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Rugapand, Mar 17, 2008.

Mar 17, 2008
  1. Rugapand
    OP

Newcomer Rugapand Advanced Member

Sweden
    So I burned smash bros brawl on a tdk dvd+r dl with imgburn and all that and everything worked without a problem, but today when I started up the old wii(d2b with wiikey) at first all looked like it was working but when I started the game it stated to load and then the dvd just stopped spinning so I tried it a few times to make sure and same thing over and over again(but sometimes it loads all the way to the menu and then stops)then I tried with a game (SL) which I had never had a problem with and it started up as usual and then boom DRE.

The strange thing is some games work for a while and then DRE, original games and gc games burned and original alike work without a problem.

Is it my dvd-drive and if so is there anything I can do or should I send it back to where I got it?

I've read something about the laser breaking down if you play ssbb when the laser is dirty as well might it be that and if so how can I(a swedish person) fix it?

2. Volkov

Member Volkov GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Dreamcast has a problem where when you play for a while (sometimes even 30 seconds) it heats up and a piece of metal holding the power cable in moves and the dreamcast resets itself. It happens a lot and there are even guides on the net to fixing it. Maybe your drive heats up and a wire moves or something. It is very possible that something happens to cause an error, it would be worth running some other tests and then check the install of the chip or have someone else check it if no one else here knows why this might be...

3. Rugapand
    OP

Newcomer Rugapand Advanced Member

Sweden
    I'll have to do that