Hacking So I screwed up my vWiii's IOS58

Sticky_brush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could anybody help me? I've searched high and low for a method on obtaining a clean IOS58 v6432 but can't seem to find a method. I've tried everything including Uwizard's built in NUS downloader, but all I get are a bunch of files with no extension... I can still access homebrew apps thanks to a exploit I did while back (WUPhax)
so I have a wad manager readily available!

Thank you for taking your time to read this! :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe NUS has a pack as wad option. once u fix that, I'd suggest making a backup of each ios on ur system with YABDM.

The3rdknuckles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could anybody help me? I've searched high and low for a method on obtaining a clean IOS58 v6432 but can't seem to find a method. I've tried everything including Uwizard's built in NUS downloader, but all I get are a bunch of files with no extension... I can still access homebrew apps thanks to a exploit I did while back (WUPhax)
so I have a wad manager readily available!

Thank you for taking your time to read this! :)

Did you try using the IOS58WAD you extracted from your console when you first hacked vWii? I still have my IOS58-64-v6432.WAD file if you need it and if it isn't against the forum rules you can gladly have it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try using the IOS58WAD you extracted from your console when you first hacked vWii? I still have my IOS58-64-v6432.WAD file if you need it and if it isn't against the forum rules you can gladly have it.

it's against forum rules since it's part of the system software. that's y I suggested using YABDM to copy each ios. it's a bit of a pita since u can only do one at a time, and there r like 40 of them.

The3rdknuckles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's against forum rules since it's part of the system software. that's y I suggested using YABDM to copy each ios. it's a bit of a pita since u can only do one at a time, and there r like 40 of them.

I see. Thanks for the info. It's always good to know more. Are we able to only share like work or others just like not officially from a system?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I believe you still cannot (publicly)use a NUS downloaded vWii vIOS as they are encrypted twice.
I gather you never made a NAND backup of any kind(vWii)?
Maybe @Cyan or @JoostinOnline can offer you some assistance.
Done.
Thanks for the notification.

He has the needed files.

If you need only the clean IOS58 v6432, please don't mess with the other files.
the other files are used in case you don't have a way to install that WAD. if you have access to homebrew and/or a wad manager, or IOS236, then only install IOS58.
if you don't have access to HBC or a wad manager with IOS236 or AHB access, then you'll need the files from the full pack, which are :
- The wad manager (boot.elf) to place on the root of SD card
- The v58I.wad which is a channel containing an installer

you need to trigger the launch of the wad manager's boot.elf, you can use WUPHAX if you don't have an exploitable Wii game disc.
run the WAD manager, install the "v58I.wad"
reboot, run vWii, run the channel from the system menu, it will install the IOS58.wad file found on SD.

now uninstall WUPHAX if you used it.
after you verified that your Mii channel is back to normal and working fine you can delete the files from your SD (IOS58, v58I and boot.elf)

I'm not sure where the lines is drawn. I'm pretty sure we can't share ios though. u can share an app that can download them, but not the ios itself.
You can't share an app to download illegal files either.
or else, it would be very easy to share games, you just launch a program to download the ISO.

if you thought about a program to get it legally, like NUS downloader getting the IOS directly from nintendo's servers, then the issue is that the file is not good signed and will result in semi-brick of your Vwii.
It's maybe due to the double encryption mentionned by Bug_checker, there is the common key and the ancast key.
I don't know if NUSD has been updated to do that dual encryption, and don't know if it is generating a good signed ticket/tmd/cert. you should always verify before installing something you generated yourself on computer.

the "clean IOS58" is clean only if you made a backup directly on your console, without patching the signature and using the keys from your console.
on Wii, it can only be reinstalled on your own console if you don't patch the signature. but on vWii, all vWii share the same data/region, that's why it can be installed on another console even if good signed. that's a good thing to help users with bricked consoles.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: JoostinOnline

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s