So I really broke my Drive after messing around with backup loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by blueeyes, Oct 20, 2008.

1. blueeyes
    OP

Newcomer blueeyes Member

United States
    Everyone laughed at me on this thread (well not everyone :-P) because I said, that my drive (brand new wii) stopped working at all with Backup Loader and backups.

Well so I brought my wii to a shop to get it chiped and guess what they said, the drive is broken. They couldnt get my chipped wii to work with backups. So either my wii drive was faulty from the beginning or i broke it with backup loader and trying to load backups.

I am kinda worried now, how long my new drive will last ...

2. atomikramp

Member atomikramp GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    An hardware can't be broken by a backup loader.

if it can read originals the drive is OK.

maybe the guy who chipped it, failed at it, and now is accusing you that the drive was already broken.

3. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    more than likely, go to a different place to get wii chipped, if your wii can read any original it works spot on, if it can,t then im afraid sorry its nakered.

4. noobwarrior7

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    if you didnt change anything, the solution should be simple

power cycle a few times, boot your 1 legit game a few times, cut power completely a few times, and blow gently in the disc slot and all the vents
    then if it still doesnt work try reinstalling everything for the loader.

if all else fails, look here for help:

http://maschell.de/mediawiki-1.6.10/index....e_Backup_Loader

5. teq

Member teq GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Software can and has caused intermittent failure of hardware -- take bricking, for example. However, software such as the backup loader are non-persistent and only reside in ram.

Noobwarrior suggested power cycling, and while he is right, NEVER cycle repetitively, as you will cause unnecessary wear on the hardware. Instead, unplug the console and press the power button. This will discharge it completely.

If you still find that your drive isn't performing like it should, have the person who installs your drivechip increase the voltage of the laser.

6. atomikramp

Member atomikramp GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Bricking is a software failure, not hardware

also consider that if you said to the guy who modded your wii, that you tried to use a soft-mod, if it was his failure in installing the modchip wrong, hw would accuse your softmod of the hardware failure.

ppl who install drivechips are strongly against soft-mod, becouse softmod means not earning money for them, so they will always find a way to add bad reputation to all things concerned with soft-mod.

7. noobwarrior7

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    also, a chipped console won't load the patched games you created for the launcher, period.
    so that might be your problem.

8. blueeyes
    OP

Newcomer blueeyes Member

United States
    As I said in the other thread, my wii stopped playing games using the backup loader. I tried it a couple of times and the drive would make strange noises. So I was fed up with that situation and brouth the wii to a game shop to get it chiped. They didnt (!!!) accuse me of breaking the drive, they said it was their fault. But given the history I had with Backup Loader stopped working all of a sudden, I assumed it was the same problem.

Maybe I had a faulty Wii to begin with. I am just stating what happaned to me. Anyway yesterday, I played with my modded Wii and its all good now. :-)