So I realised why I have been so depressed lately.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by epicelite, Mar 23, 2009.

1. epicelite
    OP

Member epicelite Equal opportunity ass kicker.

United States
    My life has no purpose.
    I need something to do.
    I have no career plans of any kind and I am 19.
    I have no special skills, nothing that I am aware of anyway.

I need something to, do like a career.

God I don't fucking know!

ARGH!

2. Morgawr

Member Morgawr GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    That's your problem right there. The rest is just something that adds up but the real problem is that you are't confident enough.

I hate people that think they don't have "special skills".. It's not like some of us are born with super powers and others not. I may recognize there are a few genius in the world (but that's like 1 person in 1 billion), but all the rest of us just work our own way out of things. If you just think "no way man, I can't do that, I feel like shit", it won't work. What you have to think is "Fuck yeah man, I'll do it. I don't care how it will turn out to be, I just WANT to do it anyways."

Because after all it won't matter how you do something, just fucking do it already.

3. Nickel

Newcomer Nickel Member

United Kingdom
    First of all you have purpose otherwise you would not be on this earth. Your notion of not having a purpose in life is not correct simply because by your post you have demonstrated you have at least a computer with internet access - so you can make a start from here.

You need to find something you need to do. No one can tell you what you want to do in life. You have to try things, many different things, until you find something you want to commit to.

You don't need a career plan. This is a foolish notion. Most people don't know what they want to do in life. You have to experience different things before you can say categorically what path you want to follow.

You have at least one special skill - you can use a computer and the internet (trust me, there are thousands out there who can't even do this).

You don't need a career you just need to get a job and if you try it and you don't like it get another job. Life is simple, it's people's thoughts and beliefs which make it complicated.

4. grubbymitts

Member grubbymitts GBAtemp Regular

Meh, I'm 33 with no qualifications and still no clue at what I'm going to do with my life. But, that hasn't stopped me from getting married, getting a decent enough job (I've had 4 so far) and earning enough money to pay off a mortgage. So, it goes to show that you don't have to have loads of qualifications and experience coming out of your earholes to have a decent life.

Enjoy life, meet plenty of women/men (or both - it's the economical downturn - a mouth's a mouth!). Try different foods, drink plenty of alcohol (those who don't drink are a boring lot.) Don't go to your grave regretting never having done some things. Slide in there yelling "WOAH! What a ride!"

And, if all else fails, remember - slice down the wrist, not across. [​IMG]

5. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    There are also quite a few who can of which one sometimes wished they couldn't [​IMG].

6. tsol

Member tsol GBAtemp Regular

United States
    wow

7. Dr. Canuck

Newcomer Dr. Canuck Member

Canada
    Skills? Skills?!?! SKILLS?!?!
    I didn't think I had any skills. Then I realized I have mad skills. The fact that you're on a message board about video game hacking and emulation and whatnot means you probably have better then average technical skills, which is exactly more rare then it sounds. It's 5% skills, 95% ambition. Career wise, you just have to get your foot in the door. If you're young, smart, and willing to learn most places would be happy to have a young person like that, especially with so much of the work force retiring in the next few years. And if they aren't, then you probably don't want to work for a place like that anyways.
    But, go back to school. School is great because it buys you a few more years of not having to do anything important.

8. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Maybe you've been buying/selling too much.