Hacking So I ordered a EZFIV

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My sister is going to borrow my DS phat for when she goes back to uni. Obviously I can't let her borrow my R4 so I decided to order an EZF4 since I was wanting one for a while in the first place for GBA playback. Anyways, I was looking up on line for the stuff like the client and the kernel but for some reason, there always seems to be a ton of them and none that state the latest one. Is there really such a thing as "the latest pack" or something?

simpson17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently picked up a gameboy micro and bought one of these too yesterday. I'm not positive this is the latest loader because I haven't received mine yet but i believe this is what your looking for -
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/about793.html

edit - scratch that link, I think you might want to get the latest loader from gbatemp here -
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=532
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=228

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I was wondering if anybody who had an ez IV could take pictures of the gba menu. I have about 160 games i'm gonna put on it (and amazingly still have room for at least 50 more), and wanna see how the menu will look scrolling through the games. The only ss i've seen is of some ugly darth vader pda menu. Is there a way to have a menu easier to browse through like the supercard.

Thanks in advance

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alright, the EZFIV I ordered doesn't come with a Mini SD so I'[m ordering one from ebay. What's the recommended brand I should order?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@simpson17
You can customise the loader but if you press right or left you skip forward and back a screen. DS loader people the same applies but you can also use the scroll buttons (hidden some of the time but still there, halfway down on the right of the bottom screen).
You are also going to want to limit yourself to 80 roms per directory (limitation of loader).
The first link you gave links to my site which is the same version that GBAtemp hosts. It has just about everything you will need to run it save the skinning apps.

@Harsky if you have a spare microSD kicking around might I suggest one of these:
http://www.mobymemory.com/proddetail.asp?p...iSDAdapter%5F01
If you only want GBA just about any will do.
"Performance" DS I am not so sure about, with hesitation I say what goes for microSD goes for miniSD. If not I believe the M3 wiki has some decent info.

simpson17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks FAST6191, I saw some cool skins for the gba loader. I really like a Phoenix Wright version I saw, as well as a Zelda Minish Cap one (GBA loader only).

As for a miniSD card, I believe the EZIV loads the game into its internal ram (128g ram for 16mb games and less [faster loading] and 256g for 32mb gba games [takes longer to load]) so regardless of your memory card the games would run the same as they do on a normal gba cartridge once loaded into the ram. I'm impressed with my Patriot 2gig card I bought for my m3simply (no slowdowns, but i havent tried castlevania POR or tony hawk games... intro on Castlevania DoS runs smooth however) so i ordered a Patriot card from newegg for my EZ4. The card cost about $22 with shipping, and its the second cheapest 2gig card they have.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820220157

edit - oops didnt see u lived in europe -
http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/Search...240209&CatId=83
http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quick...0000,4294955778

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bear in mind all the EZ3 skins work for the EZ4 as well, as for your memory analogy that is the case for GBA stuff but it is too small for DS roms so you need a good card.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whoo. My EZIV arrived today and I loaded up the test DS rom of EBA and it worked perfectly. Now I'm about to try the GBA thing but I was greated with a chinese language in the menu. How am I suppose to change it?

xenon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
If you are talking about the saving message window, it's dual language and it stays that way.
wink.gif
If not, please detail your problem.
smile.gif

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you are talking about the saving message window, it's dual language and it stays that way.
wink.gif
If not, please detail your problem.
smile.gif
No, I loaded the GBA kernal and I the menu is all in chinese. In fact, when I loaded it just now, all I'm greeted with is the menu with the save data from the NDS game and I don't know what to do now. Also, is there any other site that allows you to convert R4/M3 saves for the EZF IV? There was that Shuny site but it's down...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
R4 (and I assume m3 simply here) saves are just RAW saves (as used by EZFlash, supercard, g6 and I think neoflash) made up to 512k with junk, cut it down to 256kb and you should be good (unless of course it is pokemon in which case leave it).

As for the menu boot GBA mode and hit down three times, a three times and select English.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
R4 (and I assume m3 simply here) saves are just RAW saves (as used by EZFlash, supercard, g6 and I think neoflash) made up to 512k with junk, cut it down to 256kb and you should be good (unless of course it is pokemon in which case leave it).

As for the menu boot GBA mode and hit down three times, a three times and select English.
Thank you. I took the R4 save and renamed it to the same one in EZFIV but it still wouldn't recognise it. BTW, is there also meant to be some chinese messages in the NDS kernal?

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Harsky, as for overall
are you happy with your EZF4?
im gonna order one soon so i want a quick opinion
I only just played with it for a few hours because the mini SD card just arrived but yeah, a little bit of reading and it's nice as a cart for GBA playback. Ran my Elite Beat Agent perfect. Anyways, I only ordered it for my older sister who is going backto university and she's wants my DS phat and that Brain Training game and no way was I going to let her borrow my R4 and my DSlite

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, so I used this site to convert my R4 save to an EZFIV

http://www.shunyweb.info/index.php

Converted it and renamed it to the previous Elite Beat Agent save data that was created when I wrote the rom to it... but it still wouldn't recognise the save at all. Also, when I select one of the option in the NDS kernal. the options for the save was all in chinese. Why is this happening?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had some dodgy experiences with save converting to ez4, but realistically it uses the same raw save format, the only difference being R4 padds out all its saves into 512kb (rather than the usual 256kb for ez excluding the odd game) thus the end 256kb needs to be cut off.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've had some dodgy experiences with save converting to ez4, but realistically it uses the same raw save format, the only difference being R4 padds out all its saves into 512kb (rather than the usual 256kb for ez excluding the odd game) thus the end 256kb needs to be cut off.
Hmm. Something weird. When I put a clean EBA rom into it to test it, I completed one stage and that was when I decided to put on my dave from my R4. I was having trouble getting it to recognise the save so I deleted the game AND the save data from my Mini SD and rewrote the same EBA rom. Loaded it up... and it STILL shows the save data where I completed the one stage. My only thought was that the save data must be stored on the actual EZF IV. So how do I get rid of it and make it recognise a lot of the saves from my R4?

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bump. Reason I'm asking is because my sister wants to play Brain Training and I want to transfer her save data from the R4 to the EZFIV

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hmm. Something weird. When I put a clean EBA rom into it to test it, I completed one stage and that was when I decided to put on my dave from my R4. I was having trouble getting it to recognise the save so I deleted the game AND the save data from my Mini SD and rewrote the same EBA rom. Loaded it up... and it STILL shows the save data where I completed the one stage. My only thought was that the save data must be stored on the actual EZF IV. So how do I get rid of it and make it recognise a lot of the saves from my R4?
the ez flash iv saves the last played rom on boot up, i have had this same problem, so lets say you hit save on a game and then turn it off, well its not really saved, to save you need to turn your ds back on and your ez flash iv will give a saving message, (the chinese thing is because its set to chinese by default, you have to change it to english), you then can turn it off and transfer the saves, unlike the R4 which saves right away, a ez flash iv you need to turn your ds off and then back on for it to save, its a hassle since you need to power your ds back on just to save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.