So I now have 3.03 OE-C...

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Harsky, Jan 31, 2007.

Jan 31, 2007

So I now have 3.03 OE-C... by Harsky at 10:35 PM (1,263 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    So far, it's very, very nice. Runs my homebrew. Ran my ISO. Now I can kiss my devhook goodbye... or so I thought. When I tried running a game in OE-C, it didn't recognise the saves I made when I played the game in devhook. Does that mean my (partially completed) games can't be played? I REALLY don't want to go back to devhook now.

2. Azimuth

Member Azimuth Chicken Teriyaki Boy!

Canada
    they should really start implementing dax compression, id ditch dev hook if this happened, donno about your saves havent tried this

3. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    It happens because on Sony's newer firmwares (3.x) they force a signature check to stop the sharing of saved games I believe. So on some of the newer games that you played using a hybrid devhook, those save games will be corrupt in the new OE firmwares, that's not DA's fault, it's a "feature" on the new firmwares. Either start over and run devhook from 3.03 OE, simple to do as well if you can't leave those saved games.

4. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    If you save a game under devhook it's going to have problems running on a 'proper' firmware like OE-C. Sadly you're either going to have to use devhook on OE-C and finish those games or just start again and play them normally.

5. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Sony and their damn 'features'! Thank God I only used devhook v .44 with fw 2.71, then forgot about my PSP until 3.02OE-A was released.

But, anyways, does this mean I can't even copy a normally created savegame from my friends PSP to mine? And what's to do if I break my PSP, do I really need to play all those games again from start?

6. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    I took a gamesave from gamefaqs.com and put it on my 3.03 oec and it ran just fine. GTA VCS (E) and Marvel Ultimate Alliance (U)

7. Takeshi

Germany
    So it only affects savegames created with a newer version of devhook that runs a firmware higher than 2.71, e.g. the hybrid versions tama_mog mentioned. [​IMG]
    Makes me glad I haven't used those, because I kind of forgot about my PSP until 3.02OE-A was released. [​IMG]

8. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    I'm sorry I wasn't clear, what I meant was some of the games that worked on devhook indeed required firmware higher than 2.71. But a hybrid devhook basically tricks some of those first games that came requiring higher than 2.71 with some replaced prx's. But Sony's newer firmwares does an individual sigcheck on each psp to make sure the upgraded firmware is valid and those games that were ran from the hybrid devhook before falls in the area where the games that require the higher firmwares don't have these encrypted saves the new firmware uses. Hence all the older games from 2.71 down's saves seem to work for me still and everyone else still but the games requiring the hybrid devhook like portable ops, Ultimate Aliance etc got the shaft when trying to revive the game under 3.0xOE....bottom line? If you want those saved games, the hybrid devhook should be used till u finish....not a big deal since you can run a .46 hybrid easily from 3.0xOE's.....just put the execution eboot and folder in GAME150/GAME (pending on your kernel) and the dh/kd files in root as usual.

9. ajjav924

Member ajjav924 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I also had trouble with a save. it said that I didn't have a saved game. I think the game was tekken.

10. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    is anybody annoyed that with tekken all the characters are already unlocked. i like unlocking them [​IMG] thats what i like about tekken [​IMG].

11. Takeshi

Germany
    Thanks. [​IMG] That clears it up!