So I need a DSi 1.3/DSL/DS phat for the update?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Sondar, Aug 18, 2009.

Aug 18, 2009
  1. Sondar
    OP

Newcomer Sondar Member

United Kingdom
    I have 1.4U DSi, and a AK2i Card. Does this mean i can't actually use the update? I can't run the update file (obviously because the card doesnt work because its 1.4U). If so, so much for a fix! This doesn't help the people with DSi's updated to 1.4U, the people it was supposed to help - unless they own two DS'es.

2. otto888

Member otto888 I break things for a living.

United States
    You should be able to use any other DS (Phat,lite,1.0-1.3 DSi) so try to get your hands on one and update.

3. knilsilooc

Member knilsilooc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm sure you can find someone whose DS you can use for about one minute while you update.

4. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Only if I knew you in real life.

I have three DS Lites in my household, and update it for you in a second.

[​IMG]

5. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    I think you got that part wrong. It's supposed to help people who want to update to v1.4, not primarily the ones who already updated their DSis. You really shouldn't update your firmware before you know that everything will be working afterwards; or if you do, you shouldn't complain that something isn't working - especially since it's been discussed since day one that Nintendo can (and probably will again try to) block flashcarts with a future DSi firmware update.

However, I'm pretty sure you'll find someone who'll let you use their DS to update your Acekard.

6. Sondar
    OP

Newcomer Sondar Member

United Kingdom
    In retrospect, yeah i should have checked it out first, but my computer was broken and so i didnt bother.

Oh, well at least theres an update out there - ill have nick my mate's DS for sec.