1. Toazters

OP Toazters Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So, I've been running Atmosphere 0.10.3 for a while and everything was perfectly fine until I used the Kosmos Updater. Now, at the time, I had believed my 64GB SD Card to be FAT32, however, it was apparently not and rather it was ExFAT. After the update, Atmosphere crashed and I had totally messed up a lot. I ran into problem after problem, but was able to fix it and I'm now able to boot into Atmosphere (still 0.10.3). However, every single one of my games is now refusing to launch. I was prompted to run the data corruption checker, and it told me my sd card was corrupted. I thought all I had to do was reinstall the games, but when I tried to install the game onto my sd card via Gamecard Installer (which had worked with the same game previously), I got an error. Goldleaf was also unsuccessful. I've used the OFW to format the SD Card, formatted it with my PC, I've done everything. I believe the problem with my sd card corrupting had to do with me using MacOS to edit the contents of the sd card. Unfortunately, I can find no way to open my games or install them, though the CFW seems to be fine? I'm hoping someone knows how I can fix this.

-Using 9.2.0 and Atmosphere 0.10.3
    -Sigpatches are up to date
    -I tried reformatting the sd card from both the OFW and Windows 10
    -I can't launch or install any games after clean installs of the CFW
    -I have used MacOS to edit sd card contents and had problems related to it, but to my knowledge, I've fixed them.
    -Problems persist after my Nintendo folder was regenerated by the OFW
    -I do have a NAND backup, but I don't believe there's a problem with my NAND.
    Anyways, if anyone has any info for me I'd greatly appreciate it, as I've been at this for hours and cannot find a fix. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Toazters, Mar 24, 2020 at 8:15 PM
  2. ModderFokker619

ModderFokker619 GBAtemp Maniac

United States

Best bet

Grab atmos 10.5
    Grab atmos sig patches
    Boot your CFW and your games should be good

Any game that was launched and broken will need to be re-installed (Sometimes just installing game update will fix the game)

If nintendo folder gone that had games on it you will have to reinstall your games

3. Zkajavier

Zkajavier GBAtemp Regular

Costa Rica
    This is most definitely an issue with the sigpatches, you might think you have the right ones but if I'm not wrong, Kosmos uses specific sigpatches.

Once you have the right sigpatches just going through the corruption check of the games should make them work again.

I'd recommend sticking to updating atmos manually and staying away from Kosmos, unless you really want to use their "easy to use" packages. And if that's the case, you might want to check this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/kosmos-patches-es-fs.542455/

4. seanp2500

seanp2500 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    i would read the last few pages in the sigpatches thread. Also I keep having this convo with people and they just don't realize that kosmos does not equal atmos. So if you are on 9.2.0 now you need to use atmos cause kosmos to my knowledge is still 0.10.4 but you need atmos 0.10.5 also you may want what people are calling the joonie patches. You would also want to read up on how to do a clean install of atmos. Good luck!

5. Toazters

OP Toazters Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the info. I was able to reinstall the games by launching atmosphere directly from fusee-primary.bin so I guess I'll just do that now.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - appreciate, messed, advice