Hacking So I may have bricked/destroyed my R4...

Deadly Life

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I just got an R4 card, a really cheap one (I don't have a lot of money) and it worked... for about 20 minutes. I was in the middle of updating it and I accidentally leaned on the power button for a little too long... and in the middle of a firmware update the 3DS got shut off.

Basically, when I start it up, it says "An error has occurred. Please hold the POWER button to turn the system off."

I know that it might be possible to fix it with another R4 card, but nobody I know has one. I only have access to a DSlite tomorrow if I can find a way to fix it.

Anyone have any tips? I really dont have any money to buy a new R4 card, and I personally don't own any other DS systems other then my 3DS.

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You actually need both a DSLite and another flashcart.
Unless you know someone else that has another flashcart, I would buy another one.
Then you can fix the broken one.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Even if you don't have a flashcard, if you have an Action Replay media edition (That has a Micro SD slot), you can grab an update file, run it on the AR, then swap the card for your R4 and update it again. You have to do this on a Lite or Phat, though.

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if you don't have a flashcard, if you have an Action Replay media edition (That has a Micro SD slot), you can grab an update file, run it on the AR, then swap the card for your R4 and update it again. You have to do this on a Lite or Phat, though.
Or an ARDSi.

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had this shortly after a mysterious update that didn't actually update the FW version of my 3DS, it was a small update that took seconds to complete. I'm not sure what was up with it or if anybody else had the same thing but after accepting that update, my R4 card no longer works - which is the only thing I can guess affected it. Since everywhere everybody is saying the card works on the newest -10 FW and there hasn't been an update on the card website so I really don't know. If anyone knows it'd be nice to hear about it. Thanks.

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this shortly after a mysterious update that didn't actually update the FW version of my 3DS, it was a small update that took seconds to complete. I'm not sure what was up with it or if anybody else had the same thing but after accepting that update, my R4 card no longer works - which is the only thing I can guess affected it. Since everywhere everybody is saying the card works on the newest -10 FW and there hasn't been an update on the card website so I really don't know. If anyone knows it'd be nice to hear about it. Thanks.
If your card is bricked (which given what you just posted I think it is) you need to get another flashcart that will run on your system.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was in the middle of updating it and I accidentally leaned on the power button for a little too long... and in the middle of a firmware update the 3DS got shut off.

palmas.gif

*Don't get mad, just joking :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all