So I just got my M3 Real Perfect Pack

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by BoosLee, Jun 4, 2008.

Jun 4, 2008
  1. BoosLee
    OP

Newcomer BoosLee Member

Australia
    Well, i got the Perfect bundle about 10 minutes ago, lucky i was at home to recieve it. Anyways, I've been playing around with it (loading firmware etc.) and it seems to be ok, but not as great as i first thought (in terms of card build)

- Rumble pack fits very nicely, no edges sticking out and stuff.
    - GBA Expansion doesnt fit as flush, in fact, there is about 1mm of the edge sticking out.
    - The actual M3 Real card looks like a solid build, but I need to push pretty hard in order to hear the 'click' sound as its going into the DS, if im pushing down on the right side of the card (with the tip of my thumbnail) into the DS (where the click mechanism is) it's not as hard.
    - The memory card loader seems a bit sluggish on mine, pushing it in is fine, but once again i need to push a bit harder than usual to hear the click for it to come back out. At first i thought it was stuck in there and i had lost my card...

I can bare with these 'problems', but is this the case for anyone else? I purchased from Gameyeeeah, their price was the cheapest, and the shipping times arent bad either.

2. ignite339

Newcomer ignite339 Member

United States
    Yep, the GBA Expansion sticks out a but, and the card isn't flush to the top of the DS. And you do need a bit of force to push it in, compared to an R4 at least.

3. BoosLee
    OP

Newcomer BoosLee Member

Australia
    Thanks for the quick reply, this makes things a bit more reassuring...

Time to play with Sakura!

4. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    The GBA exp I got had to be reseated
    you have to take it apart and make sure the board inside is in the right place and screw it back togther

that what fixed it for me
    its flush now

I dont have any complaints about the cart build though
    seems fine

5. BoosLee
    OP

Newcomer BoosLee Member

Australia
    Well, i finally noticed that it's not the hardware inside the card, its the case itself, the top edge seems to be bent upwards a tiny bit, causing that edge protrusion.

Oh well, it works, i'm happy, ill just live with it

6. powertex

Newcomer powertex Member

United States
    i would use 2 fingers to push the ds cart in. don't use your nails. the plastic is pretty soft and over time you're gonna put an indentation in it. as for the memory card it seems fine on mine. you should use your nail for this. btw, when you try sakura can you let me know if on boot up you get a message on the bottom screen about how it can't check your disk?

7. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    I just use my thumb to put and eject the card from the ds
    not my nail

and the same for the microsd card
    I hold the bottom of the cart and just push down with my finger to eject it

8. BoosLee
    OP

Newcomer BoosLee Member

Australia
    Well i was pushing to the point where i had to push the M3R right to the end of the slot before i could feel or hear a click, the R4/Dstt i've had never did this (as in i never had to push the cart right to the end of the slot)

The memory card is a similar situation. If i'm pushing to eject it out, sometimes it feels like the spring is going to make the sd card get caught inside the shell...

9. Warren_303

Member Warren_303 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The only thing I really don't like about the M3 Real is that when you scroll down the list of games it takes a long time especially now that I have an 8GB micro SDHC.

I remember scrolling on the Supercard DS1 was much faster.

10. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    ^yea

m3sakura (eng) should fix this though when its released anyway
    soon

11. BoosLee
    OP

Newcomer BoosLee Member

Australia
    ^ I've been playing around with the current release of Sakura, it works a treat! Cept there are some very minor things i'm sure they'll be able to fix in the future

12. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    I have no problems you mentioned in your original post, my expansions fit flush in both of my NDSs, and that problem with big chip under the label, so it needs a bit force to put it in, is solved with new board design..
    I have absolutely no complaints about M3 Real now..Sakura fixed everything I was bugged with..
    I have first batches Perfect bundle..