So I just got a Gameboy Color....

NeoSupaMario

GBATemp's Official Stegosaurus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Tempers I just got a Gameboy Color for $10 and I need to know of some games I should get for it (they can be Gameboy or Gameboy Color).... also, what are your thoughts about the GBC games Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, LoZ: Oacle of Seasons/Link's Awakening DX, Donkey Kong Country, and Dragon Warrior? (I am thinking of getting these games)

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played SMB Deluxe to hell and back. I loved that game, man. Hell, I still have it, but not my Color, just my GBA SP. Anything from series I & II of Pokemon (I had Blue and Gold/Silver). Optimally, go for Yellow and Crystal. Pokemon Trading Card Game is great if you can get into it.

I don't really remember many of the other GBC games I had. :unsure:

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
there are so many great games for gbx. i would recommend that you grab an emu and a full rom set (unless you don't like to dl roms) and play through the collection to see what you like. that way you have hands on time with games, hands on time always made more sense to me than spending hours researching and asking others what they enjoy.

don't forget that there are gameboy color flash kits, although they are geared towards homebrew (especially little sound dj), which means they often do not have the best compatibility. i'm not up to speed on what gbx flash kits are worth buying, although i'm sure a few google searches will help you out.

-another world

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The oracle games are my favorites, as well as Pokemon 1+2 gens.
Link's Awakening DX is awesome as well.

Oh, and Pokemon TCG!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Motocross Maniacs (Classic)
Metal Gear Solid (Metal Gear: Ghost Babel, actually) if you can get hold of it
Pokemon R/B/Y/Silver/Gold/Crystal
Rayman
Kirby's Dream Land 1,2
Army Men 1/2 (Best... synthesized... voice... on the GameBoy. Period.)
Rampage
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Yes. You read that right.)
Harvest Moon 1/2

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
warioland II is a must over 50 levels of wario goodnesss!
For that matter: Warioland 3 (not Super Mario Land 3: Warioland, although, that's a pretty good game too).

When the GBA was first released a local Zellers was trying to liquidate it's GBC game stock and my dad saw some of the games and bought them for me. One of the games was Metal Gear Solid. For $5.

Love that game. Was released too late in the GBC cycle though. Sadly, that happens all the time to good games; just when they're getting it right on that system, the next iteration is released/announced and everyone ignores any new games for the old one.

EDIT: Also I guess people were sceptical of a portable MGS...

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
warioland II is a must over 50 levels of wario goodnesss!
For that matter: Warioland 3 (not Super Mario Land 3: Warioland, although, that's a pretty good game too).

When the GBA was first released a local Zellers was trying to liquidate it's GBC game stock and my dad saw some of the games and bought them for me. One of the games was Metal Gear Solid. For $5.

Love that game. Was released too late in the GBC cycle though. Sadly, that happens all the time to good games; just when they're getting it right on that system, the next iteration is released/announced and everyone ignores any new games for the old one.

same here in victoriaville i got pokémon blue

thaddius

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So many great deals as Zellers come liquidating time.

-GBmicro for $50
-Pikmin 2/Donkey Konga 2 for Gamecube double pack for $10
-Megaman Zero 4/Driv3r for GBA for $5...

I could go on. Really I could.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Thing is, that game is not "Metal Gear Solid Portable", nor was it ever planned to be an MGS game. Its original title is Metal Gear: Ghost Babel, it's a complete departure from the main storyline. The name was chosen because Metal Gear "Solid" was at the peak of its popularity, thus they thought that if they name it that way it will sell better.

thaddius

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thing is, that game is not "Metal Gear Solid Portable", nor was it ever planned to be an MGS game. Its original title is Metal Gear: Ghost Babel, it's a complete departure from the main storyline. The name was chosen because Metal Gear "Solid" was at the peak of its popularity, thus they thought that if they name it that way it will sell better.
It doesn't really matter if it was a gaiden or a true portable Metal Gear Solid. It was called "Metal Gear Solid" and no one bought it. Maybe a 3DS VC release will open some eyes. Who knows...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi