So I Just Bought a 3DS That Was Taken Apart. Hope I Got A Deal

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by mallow_cup, Sep 6, 2011.

1. mallow_cup
    OP

Newcomer mallow_cup Member

United States
    So I just bought a Nintendo 3DS on Ebay that the owner took apart to replace the touchscreen. I hope I can put it back together. I'm used to putting the NDS Lites back together. Plus I figured its only the bottom half thats taken apart so it shouldnt be OVERLY hard. Has anyone taken one of these apart yet? Any tips? lol Any good videos? I already checked youtube and found 1 good one. Also another question. I recently bought 2 acekard 2i 's. The one already arrived and works on my NDSI XL v1.4.3U. Am I going to have to update the card anymore? Are there 3ds roms out there? I'll keep you guys updated. Hopefully I can put this sucker back to work and have a cheap 3ds. [​IMG] If not oh well Ill be selling parts. lol

2. Presto99

Member Presto99 You slammin, bro?

United States
    I think ifixit or something had a step-by-step tutorial of them taking it apart and putting it back together. There are no 3DS roms, and no flashcarts that run in 3DS mode. There won't be for years. Although for play NDS games on your 3DS you should be good.

3. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    Be careful. It might be broken (I mean beyond just the screen).

4. mallow_cup
    OP

United States
    If it is the parts alone will bring me even. We shall seeeeee. Im excited. I need a project to work on anyways.

@Presto99 Thanks I will check it out.

5. Demonstryde

Member Demonstryde GBAtemp Fan

United States
    how much did you buy it for?

6. mallow_cup
    OP

United States

I paid 100 for it and its coming with a new replacement screen. I made sure to ask the guy if he tore any ribbons or wires. He said no. So if there is an issue and I feel Im out money Ill just have to have a talk with my cc company. Im not overly worried. The guy said he fixes computers and the ribbons were just too small for him. He had 100 percent positive feedback. We shall see soon. Its like Christmas. lol