so I just bought 3DS XL and kinda disappointed

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by eriol33, Jan 7, 2014.

1. eriol33
    OP

eriol33 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    because it is still not hacked and cannot use homebrew. do you think I should buy another nintendo DS? I like to use nintendo DS as retro video game emulator.

2. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    > Buys a 3DS XL
    > Complains about it not being hacked.

The 3DS XL is lovely little system.

3. RikuCrafter

RikuCrafter GBAtemp Regular

Oct 8, 2011
    It's a wonderful console. Are you really complaining that you can only use it for what it's intended for?

How did you not research something like this?

4. Category

Category Trainee Romhacker

Jan 29, 2008
    Bournemouth
    Keep your 3DS XL, and by a supercard DSTWO - then you can play NDS games, and you have the SNES/GBA emulators that are enhanced on the DSTWO, along with all other DS homebrew. About $40 or so, but totally worth it.

eriol33 likes this.
  5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    1. The 3DS is hacked. Check out Gateway 3DS.
    2. Technically, there is homebrew. Look here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/merry-christmas-have-some-ram-dumping.359697/ . More homebrew will come in the future.
    3. There are plenty of DS-mode flashcarts for the 3DS that let you run DS games and DS homebrew and emulators just like on a regular DS so there is nothing you can do on a DS that can't be done on a 3DS apart from running things from slot-2.

eriol33 likes this.
  6. eriol33
    OP

eriol33 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    I have bought gateway and can play 3DS roms, however I just bought it because I will move to other NZ region (whose game is ridiculously expensive) with my US/Asia 3DS XL. DS games look more interesting at the moment.

the reason I bought a handheld is because I want to explore the homebrews since I don't play games so much during my younger days (just like I did with my pspgo) and see how far they can extend the handheld capabilities. anyway, thanks for the recommendation, I will look up for DStwo (have bought r4 for 10 bucks, wish I asked this before purchasing)

7. bowser

bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

Sep 1, 2008
    India
    GBAtemp ↑↑↓↓← → ← →BA
    I just bought an iPhone and I'm disappointed that it can't run Android.

8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
  9. Acidflare

Acidflare HomeBrew Beta Tester

Aug 16, 2013
    Canada
    Nether World
    jailbreak the iphone if it's on ios 6.1.2 if not your SOL then install bootlace through cydia, Install openiboot, open OpeniBoot hit iDroid in the bottom right corner install wait reboot idevice, reopen OpeniBoot go to the QuickBoot tap android and wait for your iDroid to boot if your battery is low make sure to have your device plugged in.

here is a link to the page I got the instructions from http://lifehacker.com/5693309/how-to-install-android-on-an-iphone-in-six-easy-steps

hellfire2081 and cearp like this.
  10. Coconut
    This message by Coconut has been removed from public view by Cyan, Jan 7, 2014, Reason: offtopic.
    Jan 7, 2014
  11. Acidflare

Aug 16, 2013
    Canada
    Nether World
    sorry wrong ios number for iphone only up to 4.2.1 is available i've acheived this on ios5 using an ipod touch 4G

hellfire2081 likes this.
  12. Acidflare
    This message by Acidflare has been removed from public view by Cyan, Jan 7, 2014, Reason: offtopic.
    Jan 7, 2014
  13. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron
    pwsincd is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK

theres a thread around these parts , demo'ing the use of the blue gateway card to play DS roms , if you have a Gateway then look into this before buying another cart.

14. Coconut
    This message by Coconut has been removed from public view by Cyan, Jan 7, 2014, Reason: offtopic.
    Jan 7, 2014
  15. Acidflare

Aug 16, 2013
    Canada
    Nether World
    eriol33 an r4 is only good for nds games not 3ds games unless you get the R4i Gold Deluxe kit which comes with a NDS mode Flash cart and a 3DS mode Flash Cart, but the DStwo does have a CPU used for gba/snes games which is not present in R4i Gold non deluxe kit

16. Acidflare
    This message by Acidflare has been removed from public view by Cyan, Jan 7, 2014, Reason: offtopic.
    Jan 7, 2014
  17. pwsincd
    This message by pwsincd has been removed from public view by Cyan, Jan 7, 2014, Reason: offtopic.
    Jan 7, 2014
  18. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    :wtf: I like the system too

19. Coconut
    Jan 7, 2014