Gaming So I just beat legend of Zelda breath of the wild but...

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just beat legend of Zelda breath of the wild but after I reopened the game after the credits and the scene at the end, my goals list still says defeat Gannon. And the castle is still occupied by Gannon. Is this normal? I may just be stupid but if this is what is supposed to happen, its a little disappointing I never get to defeat Gannon for good in the game.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Ganon will linger on :) It is normal.

There is no after-Ganon-defeat world where everyone live in happiness etc :D

but now you can start Master mode!!!

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
So I just beat legend of Zelda breath of the wild but after I reopened the game after the credits and the scene at the end, my goals list still says defeat Gannon. And the castle is still occupied by Gannon. Is this normal? I may just be stupid but if this is what is supposed to happen, its a little disappointing I never get to defeat Gannon for good in the game.
Yes, you get placed right before the final boss, like many games. You get a percentage meter for the Quests screen, though.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yes, you get placed right before the final boss, like many games. You get a percentage meter for the Quests screen, though.
like pretty much almost every zelda game?
at least the ones i plaied its always like that, i am placed right before the end fight..

also, there was a thread exactly like this some months or maybe year ago

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ganon will linger on :) It is normal.

There is no after-Ganon-defeat world where everyone live in happiness etc :D
Well that's good. I was worried I was one of those poor folks with one of those switch horror stores like "it melted my SD card" expect my was a corrupt game file from fighting a boss.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

like pretty much almost every zelda game?
at least the ones i plaied its always like that, i am placed right before the end fight..

also, there was a thread exactly like this some months or maybe year ago
Well the switch hasn't been out for a year I doght that long ago. But even so the search feature one this ewebsite never gets me what I want and I didn't feel lime going back a ton to see if some happens to awnser the same question as me.

Last edited by ATofix,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I know this is really random to the thread but I cannot be bothered to start a new thread solely on this comment but I have been playing Skyrim V lots and lots and I actually think its better than Zelda Breath of Wild I'm not sure what others think? :unsure: but its like going on 6 years old for other formats.., if we are talking about Skyrim V Special Edition then that's only 1 years old but still same game really.

Last edited by Reecey,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I know this is really random to the thread but I cannot be bothered to start a new thread solely on this comment but I have been playing Skyrim V lots and lots and I actually think its better than Zelda Breath of Wild I'm not sure what others think? :unsure: but its like going on 6 years old for other formats.., if we are talking about Skyrim V Special Edition then that's only 1 years old but still same game really.
I normally don't care much for open world games and Skyrim didn't change my mind. BotW was the exception and I couldn't stop playing once I picked it up. So, YMMV.
Well that's good. I was worried I was one of those poor folks with one of those switch horror stores like "it melted my SD card" expect my was a corrupt game file from fighting a boss.

Well the switch hasn't been out for a year I doght that long ago. But even so the search feature one this ewebsite never gets me what I want and I didn't feel lime going back a ton to see if some happens to awnser the same question as me.

Is that an actual thing that happened? Never heard of it melting SD cards.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh I liked the ending. I made me flash back to when I started the game in... When was it? March? Man I've been playing this game for a long time.
How can you like that, I said it before and I will say it again.
"There is no celebration, Link gets no hug or kiss from Zelda, there is no party, no cake Like Mario gets almost every time he saves Peach (even Donkey Kong got cake at the end of Tropical Freeze, and he saved his own country) and the whole story just disappointing."

Now I'm not saying that link needed to be rewarded with anything but for god sakes, the story is over, and Ganon is beat. Least celebrate, party, show some excitement, look like is gonna be a vacation to relax and revitalize the people, have a moment where impa or the deku tree congratulates link on his quest. Ocarina of time had people dancing to some of the game's music in a medley, just something to show is not so depressing anymore. :wtf:

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that an actual thing that happened? Never heard of it melting SD cards.
Ya. Give it a google.
How can you like that, I said it before and I will say it again.
"There is no celebration, Link gets no hug or kiss from Zelda, there is no party, no cake Like Mario gets almost every time he saves Peach (even Donkey Kong got cake at the end of Tropical Freeze, and he saved his own country) and the whole story just disappointing."

Now I'm not saying that link needed to be rewarded with anything but for god sakes, the story is over, and Ganon is beat. Least celebrate, party, show some excitement, look like is gonna be a vacation to relax and revitalize the people, have a moment where impa or the deku tree congratulates link on his quest. Ocarina of time had people dancing to some of the game's music in a medley, just something to show is not so depressing anymore. :wtf:
Never actually thought of that. Now that you mention that it would have been nice to have a more upbeat ending. But even so. The rest of the game was so could I can look over it. Besides LOZ games have always been about the journey not the ending.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Oh boy, March 2017 was already a year ago?
Man, time sure goes fast
i am too old\got my mind busy to keep track of stuff like that, and i could care less about the switch console...
i still feel like the ps3 was released like just a couple years ago
yeah the console was not released that "long" ago, i made a mistake, thanks for correcting and pointing out but it would be nice if ya would not answer with sarcasm...

PS: If i sounded rude in my previous answer, i as not being rude or anything, i commented there was a thread like this before, because i remember someone asking the same question and them members discussing how it felt bland at the ending (like the feeling of not achieving anything when you defeated the boss) and i think it was an interesting thread to find and link it here

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i am too old\got my mind busy to keep track of stuff like that, and i could care less about the switch console...
i still feel like the ps3 was released like just a couple years ago
yeah the console was not released that "long" ago, i made a mistake, thanks for correcting and pointing out but it would be nice if ya would not answer with sarcasm...

PS: If i sounded rude in my previous answer, i as not being rude or anything, i commented there was a thread like this before, because i remember someone asking the same question and them members discussing how it felt bland at the ending (like the feeling of not achieving anything when you defeated the boss) and i think it was an interesting thread to find and link it here
Nah, I'm the one who should apologize, I was just trying to make a joke (I'm a man who likes to joke a lot), and my reply could be interpreted as something else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.