So i have the new Benq "Lite-one" drive......... help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by DbGt, Jul 9, 2008.

1. DbGt
    OP

Member DbGt GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    I know this drive cant be flash, and possibly it wil never be any solution, heres my story:

In july 2007 i bought a premium xbox 360 at best buy in el paso tx (no falcon, mfr 2006), and a 2 year replacement plan, it had a hitachi drive, i flashed it, everything was good, it worked fine for a year, then it stopped reading every dvd, cd, movies, originals, always with the message of "unplayable disc", i read this is a common problem with hitachi drives and that there are a lot of solutions but i decided it was time to use the replacement plan and get a new xbox 360 with falcon chip and hdmi, but i wasnt very informed about this new benq drive.

So last weekend i went with my aunt and a cousin to el paso, tx. i thought i was going to have some problems using the replacement plan because of all this stories i have read on the internet, but for my surprise i didnt had a single problem, excellent customer service, they didnt even try the xbox to see if it worked or not. They just checked that the serial number matched with the ticket i had, so they told me to get a new one.

I went and checked a lot of xbox 360 MFR date, they had some from Feb 2008, April 2008 and May 2008, so i thought "hey, the newer the better", I took one that has a MFR date of May 12 2008, they exchanged the hard drive so i stay with my old hard drive, they gave me back also 54 dollars (because now the xbox is cheaper) and with that money i bought again the 2 year replacement plan ( i only had to pay 10 dollars).

Yesterday we came back from USA to Mexico (10 hour trip) and today i started reading on how to flash the benq drive, i started to saw and read all this info about the new "lite-on drive" and that it is impossible to flash it, etc etc......I was afraid to have one of this drives, so i remove the faceplate and see throught the little hole...... and yes.... i had this new drive (yellow cables, LOT # 0819) =( I was so pissed off with myself for not reading before exchanging the xbox and because in the store there were xboxes from feb 2008 that didnt have this drive and i stupidly chose the newer one!!!!!!!

But perhaps theres a solution, but i need your help. For my luck, my brother is going to Eagle Pass this weekend, so i thought that perhaps he can exchange (30 day return policy or 14 day return policy) the xbox and choose one (if theres any) with an old MFR date (Feb, March) and LOT #, but i dont really know best buy policies about exchanges.

First of all, can this be done? Even thought i got this xbox from a best buy in el paso tx and my brother is going to Eagle Pass, so to make an exchange, does it have to be the same store in the same city???

Whats the exchange policy?? I mean, does the xbox has to be damaged?? or with what excuse can i exchange the xbox??, perhaps i can cause a RRoD to the xbox

The xbox doesnt even have a week with me, so of course i dont want to spend the 2 year replacement i bought for 60 dollars, and i want to keep my current hard drive, so do you think this can be done?

Im not american, and i dont go very often to USA, so i dont really know how all of this works, could someone with more experience with this type of things help me?? some advice would be appreciated

Thanks a lot for your time =)

Edit:

Also, do i have to go to make the exchange myself, or will my brother is going to be able to do it? Because i read on Best Buy about returns, and it says this :

I was the one to make the last exchange and to purchase the replacement plan, so they registered my name, so maybe im the one that has to go (again =S)

2. DbGt
    OP

Member DbGt GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    anyone? =( i just have 2 days left... i need some advice

3. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    I am just curious,
    My old Hitachi 360 is dead, I am getting a new one with the price drop in July. I heard I can't take my Hitachi out and swap it with the new Benq, is this true?

EDIT
    Ah I see there is no way to pull the key off the BenQ [​IMG]