Hacking So I have an M3 Perfect Lite....

OptimisticPessim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
How do I use the Game Manager with it? Do I need to add folders with specific names or format the blank MicroSD card I have using the M3 Cart? Sorry for being such a noob...
frown.gif

WigWrm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Download the M3 Perfect Game Manager
http://linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php/GM_v36a.zip

Download the Latest M3 Perfect Firmware
http://linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php/updagcsd.e35.rar

Open firmware rar file and place .e35 file on the root of your MicroSD card.
When turning your ds or gba on it will ask if you want to update. When done updating delete the file off of your card.

Use the M3 Perfect Game Manager to patch NDS and GBA roms to work correctly on the device.
Please visit m3wiki.com for information as how to do so.

You need a flashme/passme device on your NDS to play DS games. If not it defaults to the gba boot screen
You need the M3 Game Manager to patch and create save files for your games. It's pretty friendly.
Hope this gets ya on your way.

Note: Patching options for GBA games
SOFTPATCH: SRAM patches the game... "somewhat useless"
HW1: Only use this for games with flash file save types
HW2: This is a clean patch option... "your rom goes unpatched" use for all gba roms that do not use the flash save type

WigWrm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All of the gba releases that use flash save types are here
http://releases.pocketheaven.com/asearch/?...ase&=Search

These are the only gba roms you must patch, via the HW1 patch when writing the rom to your microsd "to ensure that each game saves properly".
All games not on this list should work without any patching (HW2 patch option).

(Manual HW2 Method)
If you don't want to use the m3 game manager for non flash save type gba roms, use this method.
Copy the gba rom into the root of your microsd card. Use the bank.dat file found in C:\Program Files\M3 GAME Manager\gamesave .
Just rename "bank" as the same title of your rom, and place in the GAMESAVE folder on your microsd card.

You can boot the M3 Lite into DS mode via your R4 or Cyclo DS using the 3rd icon of either carts main menu.
At the DS menu press start to go to the GBA menu. "You need to do this in order to play your gba games."

I assume you have the m3 lite for gba purposes as you already own two very nice flashcarts.
I myself have never dealt with the nds portion of the m3 perfect, and only use it for gba games.

You made a good choice!

Have fun with the M3!

chaoszerox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So what if one wanted to use a save file taken from the original cart on the m3?

I extracted saves from my original carts (using cart_save.gba, i think) and want to use them on my M3 Perfect Lite. They work on emulators, but I haven't figured out how to get them to work.

Thanks!

WigWrm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Within the M3 game manger, access your microsd card from the list of directories on the left side.
You should see all of the games currently on your card listed on the right. Right click on the game of your choice
and click on Saver Manager. You need a (name).dat file on your microsd within the GAMESAVE folder in order
for this to work "Make sure that the (name) part of (name).dat is the same as the title of your rom.
Highlight the (gba game name).dat file by clicking on it. Click on the Write.sav button
and locate your original gba .sav file and when highlighted click on open. This will convert your .sav
save into the m3 .dat save file on your microsd card.

Make sure that you play another game, "other than the game you are trying to convert your .sav file for" before
you do any of this to ensure that the save file in the sram battery of the m3 lite does not overwrite the .dat file that you've just modified.
[This would negate the entire process of you converting your .sav file]

If this is a bit unclear I can post pictures, or give a more in depth explanation.

~Wigwrm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning