Hacking So I have a JTagged 360, and I have no idea where to start.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well technically it belongs to my older brother, but whatever. Anyway, so my brother got an original 360 from one of his old roomates after they moved out, and he took it to someone so that they can jtag it for him. After they did it, they apparently didn't tell him anything about how to run backups or homebrews on it, thus leaving him in the dark. My brother left me his console so that I can try to figure it out. Since I've never touched the 360 scene before, I have no idea what I should be doing first, let alone how to set up homebrew and whatnot.

So my question is, what do I need and how do I set up homebrew apps? I would also like to know if it's possible to boot games from an external USB storage device. If so, how I can do that?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've made a really neat tutorial about setting up FSD.

I recommend you don't load stuff from an external HDD (what is it with people that want fully hacked console that have internal storage to load rubbish from externals ._.)
Internal HDD is not only faster but it looks way neater.
If it has like a tiny drive, just swap it out for any sized 2.5 inch HDD and install FSD/Dashlaunch again.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Will definitely look there :) . As for using an internal storage, I would if I could, but the console is missing its HDD so I have to resort to external storage. Another question. I keep hearing something about Xell while looking around on Google earlier. What is that used for? My console cannot boot to it apparently.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Get a cheapo HDD caddy and a 2.5 inch SATA HDD.
You'll get the most out of the 360 if you use internal storage ;]

XeLL is a Linux loader/elf loader for the 360.
Press eject to boot it when your console is powered off.

If you can't boot up XeLL then I doubt your console is JTAGged tbqh.
You sure you can boot unsigned code?

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly sure, but my DVD drive can read burned discs at least (Tried it with Tomb Raider so far). I asked my brother if the console itself is jtagged or rgh, and he says the guy definitely told him it was jtag.

As for booting Xell, I tried the eject button method and a another one I found (Like plugging in a wired controller to the back and boot with the Guide button) but neither works apparently.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Then I hate to say it but I think your brother got ripped off then.
You could of course burn XeXMenu live on a CD (the one from me tut) and boot that.
If it doesn't boot then you can safely assure that your brother got told things that aren't true.

The only thing you can do then is to play games from DVD (burned ISO's)

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the right tools unfortunately. Also, your iso didn't boot so I can only imagine that it mostly likely isn't :\ . I'll just have him talk to the guy again and see what's up.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm pretty sure that the guy didn't JTAG it then.

I'd return it and explain the situation to them.
If they rehack it for you, make sure they load up some homebrew to verify it's hacked.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Will do. Before I forget though. Is there a specific way I'm supposed to burn your iso? I used imgburn to burn the image onto a DVD+R. Maybe that has something to do with it not booting?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it