Homebrew So I have a ds FIRE card...

Vanbandit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just got my ds FIRE card tuesday and i've already noticed almost no one has one, well i figured out enough on how to put NDS games on it and have them run fine, but i'm having some rather odd trouble running Snes and GBA files on it, i downloaded Snemulds v.06 and i followed the readme instruction but it still would not work, the roms would simply not show up when i booted the program(which ran fine btw) and then GBA roms won't work or boot at all, so any help or information on this card would be much appreciated = ]]]

Son of Science

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well theres a probably a reason no one has one... it sucks

"Fire" probably doesn't support that homebrew.

Oh yeah... and no slot-1 flashcards support gba roms.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No clue about the SNES games, but keep in mind that since the DS Firecard is a slot-1 device, it cannot run any GBA files at all.

Vanbandit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay i realize now how the card loads and that it cannot play GBA roms, thanks guys = ] but i still don't understand why Snemulds or snesDS will not detect roms, i followed both of their instructions and nothing has happened and i don't see any reason why the roms are not being recognized ='[

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
okay i realize now how the card loads and that it cannot play GBA roms, thanks guys = ] but i still don't understand why Snemulds or snesDS will not detect roms, i followed both of their instructions and nothing has happened and i don't see any reason why the roms are not being recognized ='[
you do know theres a simple explanation, right?

you bought a crap card.

BigNick73

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got 2 Fire cards, 16GB versions. Got one for me and the girlfriend. I've had no problems out of it. GF loves the origonal mario games so it's got nes and snes emus I downloaded from this site (snesDS and nesDS) and runs em all fine.

Now first thing I did with both of em was to low format (takes forever) and go over to neoflash.com and get the latest MK5 core and xmenu update and install it. I've had 1 or two file write errors from contra and the gfs card crashed once and had to be redone but other than that they've ran great for the past 2-3 months I've had em and hers gets played at least 2 hours a day. It's just a n-card clone.

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
well, they WORK, but you really should've considered some other cards (not that easy, when you're new in the subject tho)
some good & popular cards are:
CycloDS Evolution
AceKard R.P.G (best card IMO lot's of features, and dual storage, GREAT)
R4 ( most "used" one, personally don't like it, too few special functions and too simple, but it works, and is cheap)
DSTT- new and cheap card, few extra features but works great.
Supercard DSONE no personal expercience from it, but seems to work great too.
M3Real OK card, nice GUI.
You really should've picked any of those cards.
But good luck with what you have
smile.gif

diglett

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You guys realize that the Fire Card is the same as the N-Card, Express card, etc. It's not one that I felt like acquiring, but it's far from trash.

Vanbandit, head over to the N-Card forum and you might find some useful information.

BigNick73

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I tested SNEmulDS .6 alpha and it worked fine with Super Mario World on my card. You probably just need to update the firmware.

PS be sure and really read the SNEmulDS readme and put all the files in the appropriate directories.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?