So I have a brand new Wii...Can I play burned DVD's on it?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ShadowWaker03, Jan 5, 2012.

1. ShadowWaker03
    OP

Newcomer ShadowWaker03 Member

United States
    I appologize in advance it this topic is repeated, or I am posting this on the incorrect boad...

But yeah. I've hacked my last Wii, way back in 2008 and it died around the beginging of 2011 and lately I haven't been keeping up with what Nintendo has been doing to prevent it. So on Chirstmas we got a new "Mario Kart Wii" bundle. It's not a black Wii, but it is a Wii. This time around instead of Bannerbomb, I used Letterbomb to hack it. I installed the Hombrew Channel, and I have everything nesecarry to play backups to my knowledege of early 2011.

But i put my old Backups in the Wii and ran it through Neogamma and none of them are working. So did I miss something? And if I did is it still possible to play them this way, or do I have to go out and buy a large USB and use usbGX to run the games?

2. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    All new Wii consoles nowadays have the D3-2 disc drive that prevents playing DVD backups. You'll have to use a USB loader.

3. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    If you bought it just recently it would be using a d3-2 drive, so you will have to use a USB/hard drive with it.

4. ploggy

Member ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    You said you had an old wii that died? If the drive in the dead wii is fine you should be able to swap them?

5. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Or D4. Neither can play backups though.