So I had to be rushed to the ER last night...

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me just say this to ya'll, since it's not common:

If you ever get extremely sudden (took all of 5 minutes) absolutely unbearable pain (I've been in labor RL before, this hurt more than that) in the dead center of your body between where your ribcage splits, you might be having an intestinal spasm, you need to go the ER immediately. They'll put you on 3 IV medications right away, you'll be fine. They'll also give you a prescription for "Bentyl", which is a pill you can take when the first 5 minutes start that will prevent it from doing anything unbearable.

Just a PSA.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm back home, was not admitted. It's not a long-term problem.

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1234turtles said:
and you have kids.

Huh? The part of me being in labor was for women's comparison (seeing as how that is usually the most painful thing women experince), that was 4 years ago, and I don't want kids at all anymore
tongue.gif

As for the hoping I feel better, I do, I forgot to include that part of my OP, sorry.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dry.gif
Great, tag. That's not creepy at all.
What happened to the "laying low" idea? Out the window after three seconds?

Xuphor, We're very glad you're okay.
Do the doctors have any idea what caused this?

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Glad to hear it isn't very serious. And more so that you're OK.

But when I first started reading, I thought you were talking about passing kidney stones. With the "If you ever get extremely sudden (took all of 5 minutes) absolutely unbearable pain". Since passing kidney stones is the same feeing. Sudden and very painful.

Anyway, was it fully out of the blue? Or was there ANYTHING different that day?

Z

Zorua

I'm glad that it isn't a long term problem.
May you post in the EOF for years to come!
biggrin.gif

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I have no clue what caused it, they didn't tell me. Internet isn't helping either, as almost every link is about Irritable Bowel Syndrome or Colitis, neither of which are the same thing as a regular Intestinal spasm. The sites that are about Intestinal Spasms don't say a cause.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That sounds scary! I'm glad you're okay.

I know this may sound bad to joke so soon, but it's better that you're here alive and not as a zombie/ghost who haunts GBATemp for some reason or another.

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Good to see you're okay!!!

I happen to have some pain going on, exactly where you described but i'm not sure if it's the same thing. It only pains when i try to twist my upper body without moving my lower body and when i try to lift heavy objects. Other than that the pain is non-existent.

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SinHarvest24 said:
Good to see you're okay!!!

I happen to have some pain going on, exactly where you described but i'm not sure if it's the same thing. It only pains when i try to twist my upper body without moving my lower body and when i try to lift heavy objects. Other than that the pain is non-existent.

Not it. I mean unbearable, you wouldn't be able to type if you had it.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry to read what happened, Xuphor.. i had such a pain comparable to a woman in labor 2 years back and had to be rushed to the emergency as well and it was a stone in my kidney, maybe you got one?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
koimayeul said:
Sorry to read what happened, Xuphor.. i had such a pain comparable to a woman in labor 2 years back and had to be rushed to the emergency as well and it was a stone in my kidney, maybe you got one?

You know when you have a kidney stone. Peeing blood, pain in the kidney (about mid-back), not the stomach, etc.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tagzard said:
This thread is now now officially for us to persuade xuphor to find a boyfriend and to have babies.

No, no it isn't. Gtfo.

Xuphor, sorry to hear about that
ohnoes.png
Sounds right dreadful... glad to hear you're feeling better though! I hope whatever caused it doesn't happen again...

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
koimayeul said:

You know when you have a kidney stone. Peeing blood, pain in the kidney (about mid-back), not the stomach, etc.

Nathan's right. I had a CAT Scan as part of diagnosis, if there was any kidney stones, they'd have seen them on that.

@plasma - Thanks
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)