So I got a Kingston 2gig microSD today...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Rayder, Aug 3, 2007.

Aug 3, 2007
  1. Rayder
    OP

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Actually, it's for a friend....well, not really a friend, but some dude my brother works with, but I'll be getting one for myself soon. Anyway, I decided to test it out in my R4. Naturally, I put it to the Castlevania: PoR test. I played around with PoR for about a half hour without a crash. My Transcend 2gig, on the other hand, would crash at the first monolith/portrait/whatever.

I can't test the speed, because the fastest card reader in the house will only go 5megs per second, but PoR didn't crash when I spammed the start button or did that other stuff.

What other ways or what can I do in PoR to try to make it crash? I want to see if it ever will.

So to those that have been wondering, the Kingston 2gig (Japan) microSD seems to be a good one. Just thought I'd mention it.

2. Zombie_Mario

Member Zombie_Mario GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I must be a lucky guy. I'm about to order the same thing mentioned off of www.newegg.com. Only $22 with shipping. Seems like a nice deal and it's Kingston... so yay.

3. Rayder
    OP

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    That's where the one I got was from too.

4. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    This information has been on the net for a month or two now [​IMG]

If you're using the R4, Castlevania: POR will crash if you constantly try to enter portals (fastest way to do this is to go into a portal room, press up as soon as you can at the stone, if it doesn't freeze, go back out and try again.

This was tested personally. if you try to enter the stone after the animation has finished, I'd say the chance of freezing is a lot less

5. narutoblaze

Newcomer narutoblaze Member

Canada
    Goodjob on getting ur hands on the 2Gb Japan Kingston cause its the fastest MicroSd [​IMG]
    Its a fact!
    Check this site they tested 12 microsd and out of the 12 the 2Gb Japan Kingston scored perfect in PoR and Downhill Jam so
    did the 1gb version.

http://www.moddz.com/

*I also have one and Iv compared it to my 1gb the 2gb has no slowdown on downhill jam with 4 player but the 1gb does have a slight bit of slowdown*

6. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Really? I could swear it slowed down for mine [​IMG]

7. Cairpre

Member Cairpre Advanced Member

United States
    If anyone is wondering where else you can find them I know Microcenter has them for $25. I'm picking mine up today.