Hacking So I got a GBA Micro for a Yu-Gi-Oh Card...

DTGS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was United We Stand from Retro Pack 2 if anyone wants to know. Anyway, it's in pretty good condition amazingly. The plate has scratches of course, so I may replace it. I also have to buy a charger. Anyway, I have a few questions since I've never owned a Micro before, only an SP during the GB Advance Era.

1. Is it supposed to be super dusty/linty inside the the area where the actual screen is? You know, remove the plate?
2. Where can I get replacement plates?
3. What are the functions of the that volume button on the right side? It has some symbols there I don't recognize other than the volume one.
4. Anything else I should know? Can it play GBC? Any flash...er cartridges for it?

Thanks a bunch.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DTGS said:
It was United We Stand from Retro Pack 2 if anyone wants to know. Anyway, it's in pretty good condition amazingly. The plate has scratches of course, so I may replace it. I also have to buy a charger. Anyway, I have a few questions since I've never owned a Micro before, only an SP during the GB Advance Era.

1. Is it supposed to be super dusty/linty inside the the area where the actual screen is? You know, remove the plate?
2. Where can I get replacement plates?
3. What are the functions of the that volume button on the right side? It has some symbols there I don't recognize other than the volume one.
4. Anything else I should know? Can it play GBC? Any flash...er cartridges for it?

Thanks a bunch.

1. No, it's not *supposed* to be, it just means the person that had it before you was super lazy when they switched faceplates.

2. Nintendo still sells the AC Adapter you'll need, but they no longer sell faceplates. Check eBay.

3. Its normal function is volume up/down. It you hold the L trigger and press up/down, it increases/decreases the screen brightness.

4. It can only play GBA cartridges/flash carts, no Game Boy Mono/Colour carts. You can use a GBM/GBC emulator to play those games from a flashcart though.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure about anything except for the last one. It can only play GBA (I think). I think all GBA flashcarts will work.

That said nice trade!

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Clean it with cheesecloth or a microfibre cloth if there's a fingerprint that won't buff out or something. Don't use any liquid whatsoever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs