So I finally got an external HDD. Before I get started, I just want to know one thing...

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Zonse, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Zonse
    OP

Zonse Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    Canada
    I know that the Wii U, when it formats the HDD, will use the entire drive no matter what. My question is whether or not we will never see partitioned HDD's in the future, or is it simply a pipe dream?

2. Albireo6972

Albireo6972 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2012
    United States
    At the moment its up in the air, there is a chance that we will be able to partition the HDD for use on Wii U and Wii/vWii. But there is no solid evidence that it is going to happen, all we know is at the moment it is not possible to have a multi-partition drive.

3. Zonse
    OP

Zonse Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    Canada
    My concern is that once I finally get everything set up for my drive, it'll finally be possible and I'll have to start the whole process all over again. Not complaining, just unsure if I should wait or just go ahead.

4. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Put everything you want on wiiu on the hard drive and make a backup on your computer . put vwii stuff on sdcard ?

5. pietempgba

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    vwii apps and game saves on the sd card games on a hdd but use a different hdd for wii games