Homebrew So I finally downgraded to 9.2... How do I start enjoying it?

Kapaya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, finally decided to yolo and downgrade and luckily enough it went perfectly on the first try. Sadly, I'm not well versed in the whole homebrew scene and was hoping to a few tips on how I get started with installing stuff to start playing .cia files. From what I've gathered from comments here and there, it seems I need rxtools and emuNAND? Googled a bit baout cia files and saw something called FBI that lets me install it. I'm quite confused and not completly sure what to start, so I was hoping one of you could write me shortly what I should do to get started.

I can access the Homebrew menu through Ninjahax and I've got that set up already.

Edit: I'm using a N3DS

Last edited by Kapaya,

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, finally decided to yolo and downgrade and luckily enough it went perfectly on the first try. Sadly, I'm not well versed in the whole homebrew scene and was hoping to a few tips on how I get started with installing stuff to start playing .cia files. From what I've gathered from comments here and there, it seems I need rxtools and emuNAND? Googled a bit baout cia files and saw something called FBI that lets me install it. I'm quite confused and not completly sure what to start, so I was hoping one of you could write me shortly what I should do to get started.

I can access the Homebrew menu through Ninjahax and I've got that set up already.
Update to 10.5 and buy your games xD

Reactions: Ruby Gloom

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You can start enjoying it by looking up other threads before making a new one! ;) There's like, IDK, 3 or 4 other threads based on; " Downgraded, now what?" Or, "Now at 9.2. What CFW should I use...? "

Kapaya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are all sorts of tutorials that deal with how to set up custom firmware and emunand. This one's pretty nice:

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/44pmob/updated_tutorial_for_hasslefree_downgrading/

Since you've already downgraded, just skip ahead to the parts that deal with what comes after.

Getting into this can from scratch be a bit overwhelming. So instead of piecing everything together yourself, you should follow a tutorial. I like this one: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/
I've successfully completed it on two different systems.

Thank you very much, gonna take a look!

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't get me wrong, I do buy the games I enjoy (Pokemon, Bravely and Fire Emblem), but living in EU getting games 10000 years after US is not a fun thing.
Haha, I know. Just kidding around.

I recommend rxTools CFW. They just added N3DS 10.5 EmuNAND Support like 20 hours ago.

Kapaya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse